Calibration Manager – (Metrologist)
Job TitleCalibration Manager – (Metrologist)
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated technical Calibration Manager professional. This individual will have years of demonstrated experience in all facades of Metrology. This experience must include defining and managing calibration processes, vendor management, ISO17025 audits/ inspections, calibration certificate inspections, and quality system compliance activities.
The primary focus is the tactical/strategic management of all calibration activities to ensure compliance with the Philips Quality Management System and to develop/ enhance current processes to improve efficiency, communications, accountability, and reduce errors. This position will develop, monitor, and maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) across the entire Andover site, report workflow issues and escalate issues to internal business partners. This role is the main interface with external calibration service partners as well as internal business units. The role is primarily first shift but requires flexibility in communicating and working with internal Philips BUs and suppliers on a regular basis potentially across multiple shifts.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
- Drive and lead quarterly/ monthly calibration reviews with Philips BUs and external calibration suppliers.
- Main Philips contact for the Andover Site to address calibration concerns, escalation, non-compliance issues and to drive resolution quickly.
- Lead and perform ISO17025 Andover site and external supplier audits and drive corrective actions (CAPAs) to closure in a timely matter.
- Lead and perform spot checks audits of completed calibration certificated to ensure accuracy of calibration type, correct procedures were followed, proper data was collected, and uncertainty calculations are correct ensuring a robust calibration process.
- Drive LEAN process improvements to streamline the calibration process that increases transparency in communications to Philips customers regarding 2 day, 5 day, in network, out of network, and outside third party calibrations and repair timelines.
- Work closely with global procurement by providing KPI data, internal Philips customer feedback to hold external calibration suppliers accountable to time delivery and quality metrics.
- Initiate appropriate discussions with BUs and external suppliers to pro-actively address schedule commitments vs. slippages and resolve conflicts.
- Respond to direct customer inquiries on calibration and repair work in a timely manner and provide feedback system regarding issues so they may be addressed.
- Works closely with ASRC director ensuring awareness to critical delays, cancellations, customer concerns and/or feedback.
- Drive and lead, in conjunction with ASRC management team, the calibration budgets for the Andover site and look for opportunities to improve efficiency and reduce waste.
- BSEE (or related engineering discipline) with minimal 10 years’ experience in managing complex site wide hardware calibration programs/ engineering projects for high reliability industry (e.g. Medical).
- Demonstrated success in managing complex calibration operations, solving problems, presenting operational issues, reviewing KPI metrics, development of action plans/ schedules, execution to plans, and deliver on results.
- Strong sense of ownership/ team work with the ability to respond quickly to questions from all levels of ASRC management including internal customers and recommending solutions to urgent issues.
- Extensive knowledge and background within an ISO17025 Quality System in a Test Laboratory.
- Certified ISO17025 auditor preferred.
- Demonstrated success in auditing calibration certificated to ensure accuracy of calibration type, correct procedures were followed, proper data was collected, and uncertainty calculations are correct ensuring a robust calibration process.
- Experienced in reading, analyzing and interpreting KPIs, general business data, and solid knowledge of spreadsheets and general accounting practices to make proactive project decisions.
- Demonstrated success in leading/ managing 3rd party calibration service providers, technical resources, test lab, and/or service organizations.
- Demonstrated exceptional organizational skills with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a timely manner within a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong written and oral business communication skills; must be able to write and understand complex reports, follow oral and written instructions, and speak effectively with technical groups.
- Candidate must demonstrate strong attention to detail and ethical behaviors.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to relate to and work with diverse groups of people.
- Candidate must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Highly passionate and positive infectious attitude who strives for high performance, product quality, and with attention to details;
- The ability to work well in a team and possessing the skills and the ability to work independently to get things done efficiently and timely;
- Proficient in standard office computer tools: Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint and Visio; ability to learn and work with in-house scheduling tools.
- Experience working in a FDA Regulated environment under the ISO13485 Quality System desirable.
- QA/QE certification with experience in product compliance validation/ verification engineering, preferably for medical devices preferred.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top