Job TitleBusiness Planner
In this role, you have the opportunity to be part of a team managing global inventory of service parts for Philips medical devices. The team is tasked to ensure high material availability and service levels for Philips customers, while keeping inventory and supply chain costs under control.
You are responsible for:
- Managing a portfolio of service parts:
- Partner across the supply chain to ensure material availability for a defined portfolio of parts, while minimizing inventory and supply chain costs
- Execute demand forecasting and supply planning, manage inventory level
- Use an advanced planning tool to validate and update planning parameters, manage and execute on planning alerts
- Develop a level of mastery for parts in the portfolio (where it's used, impact on a customer/system) to utilize the insight to drive better inventory and material availability decisions
- Taking active role in Lifecycle Management of the portfolio of service parts:
- Represent supply chain in lifecycle-related projects (e.g. New Product Introduction, Phase-Out, Bridge Buy, Last Time Buy, etc.)
- Support the master data enrichment process for new parts
- Partner with Engineering on part lifecycle events related to service inventory
- Help with new products releases as well as reduce excess & obsolescence for end-of-life parts
- Learning, adapting and exploring LEAN methodology and culture
You are a part of a multicultural global team working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. The position is located in Andover, MA and reports to Sr. Manager of Global Planning and Supply.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor degree in business, engineering, logistics or supply chain management
- At least 3 years of experience in the supply chain management field
- Knowledge of demand/supply planning, forecasting and inventory management concepts
- Proficient with data analysis in Excel, including advanced formulas and pivot tables
- Experience with SAP Materials Management or any other ERP system
- Experience with advanced supply chain planning or/and inventory optimization systems
- Self-starter, analytical and data-driven decision-maker, self-starter and great communicator
- Flexibility of working with remote and distributed teams located in different time zones across the globe
- Travelling requirement: no more than 10% of the time
In return, we offer you a unique experience of managing a worldwide service supply chain operating across continents and time zones, while working in a very diverse and engaging environment with colleagues from all over the world.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top