Business Partner Procurement Engineering
Job TitleBusiness Partner Procurement Engineering
The Procurement Engineering Business Partner will lead and manage all Procurement Engineering activities for assigned Business Scope. This business partner understands the product context End to End in the assigned business scope and delivers business strategies including the strategic cost management vision to the Commodities.
This business partner owns the DfX concept for the assigned business scope and ensures alignment with all other functional disciplines, market stakeholders and relevant other business entities to make this happen.
The Procurement Engineering Business Partner will be accountable for the design and creation of the DfX competence within the assigned business scope including management of the related actions to make this happen.
The Procurement Engineering Business Partner is member of the relevant MT and ensures that business leaders can access all Procurement activities, including Commodity Management teams and O2C.
The Procurement Engineering Business Partner ensures the involvement of all relevant Commodity Management teams in I2M. They deliver added value by bringing the entire Procurement network (CM, PE, MPP, Gov and Support) to the equation.
- Leads Procurement Engineering in the category
- Meet all Category related Procurement Objectives/KPI’s (e.g. BoM Savings, GSRS, # suppliers)
- Achieves product cost reduction through value engineering/DfX and supply chain optimization in the category
- Responsible for acting as interface to the Commodity Leaders
- Ensures Category spend volume will be managed through the DfX concept
- Responsible for talent management of the procurement Engineering function within the Category
- Being a Category MT member, provide Leadership and vision to support the organizational Category objectives (short & long term)
- Ensures that the Category Procurement Engineering related risks (cost, quality, availability) are controlled and mitigated
- Executes requirements for supply strategy for in/outsourcing and components
- Executes Category requirements for procurement strategy
- Aligns Product & Technology Roadmaps with suppliers (Aligned Supplier Product & Technology Roadmaps)
- Ensures early supplier involvement in the Product Design Process within the Category
- Links the new product introduction process with the supplier selection (total cost of ownership, handshake with CT’s)
- Secures S&OP linkage to component availability
- Ensures development of cost roadmaps & linkage to margin management
- Manages development of Target Cost model of products
- Manages standardization & complexity reduction (concept improvement)
Diagnostic Imaging sits at the very heart of the Philips Strategy in the critical areas of Diagnosis and Treatment; it is the largest Business Group in Philips. What this means is that for Philips to win in this area, we must deliver first time right diagnosis with personalized and adaptive care pathways.
- The team of procurement engineering is situated in Hamburg, China, US.
Work in the medical industry is gratifying and rewarding, while posing some unique challenges. You will work in an international agile team with great opportunities for you to explore. You will be contributing to a higher quality of life for billions of people and helping Philips deliver innovation that matters.
We are looking for
- Master degree in a relevant technical discipline (e.g. Electro Technical, Mechanical, Optical, Thermal)
- extended with MBA
- Procurement Management
- Professional with a 8-10 years proven track
- Understanding of suppliers, business models, key drivers, measures and priorities
- Expert in the DfX convention approach
- Expert in applying cost models
- Expert in applying Value Engineering processes (L2)
Philips encourages people with a disability to apply.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top