Business Intelligence Architect
Job TitleBusiness Intelligence Architect
We challenge you to join the Philips Business Intelligence & Analytics Team as an experienced Tableau Business Intelligence Architect. This opportunity requires providing project coordination, consulting, analysis and recommendations based on data driven analytics and involves working with Philips internal business process owners, business SME’s (i.e. subject matter experts) and IT teams to conduct analysis of the reporting/ business intelligence tool requirements, planning, design and managing implementation and testing of the report/tool. Combine your expert Tableau and data skills in combination with strong business acumen while flexing your creative muscles to build impactful dashboards and visualizations that drive key business decisions. This position demands business analysis, technical tools and reporting expertise. You will work directly with several business groups and sales teams to understand the problem they are looking to solve with BI and create appropriate Business Intelligence and data analysis as needed. This role will interface with large and complex data sets and must have a clear understanding of the full database systems. The work location of this position will be Bothell, WA.
You’ll regularly have an opportunity to interact with field sales management, Sales Operations Management and Executive Leadership by presenting dashboards and analytical findings, brainstorming on creative analytics solutions and iterative development with our partners. Your dashboards will have a direct impact on business decisions affecting the organization, the territories and the sales model, strive to drive business results.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Data Analysis and Visualizations using Tableau, Alteryx, Excel and other BI tools
- Gather and understand business requirements to set functional specifications for reporting applications
- Project ownership and coordination end to end; SCRUM/Agile experience a plus
- Managing our Enterprise Tableau Server and partnering with IT
- Transform, clean, join and standardize data from multiple sources using SQL, Alteryx or other ETL tools
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure data integrity, completeness and relevance
- Clearly convey the key insights or “story” the data reveals in a visual format that is grouped, summarized, or formatted to be easily understood and actionable
- Provide value-add analysis to Business units through use of meaningful reports and visualizations
- Understand how data flows within various systems to provide input on requirements for databases to ensure data is organized properly for reporting/analytics
- Acquire a strong working knowledge of all related data models to ensure that performance is optimal. Draw conclusions from your analysis, and clearly communicate the results.
- 3+ years of Tableau development experience including complex dashboard design, data handling, and visualization best practices.
- 3+ years cleaning, combining, transforming and navigating data through SQL, Alteryx or other database and ETL platforms
- 3+ years of strong Excel skills, including pivots, Vlookup, conditional formatting
- 3+ years reporting experience involving both ad-hoc, fast turnaround requests, along with standardized scheduled reporting based upon large data sets and complex queries.
- A self-managed “doer” and self-starter who works well in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment.
- A creative thinker who can take reporting requests and turn those into more impactful visualizations and dashboards
- Solid written and verbal communication and organization skills.
- Detailed documentation and training skills
- Highly responsive and adaptable to efficiently manage quick-turn, tactical projects.
- Willingness to train and self-teach to grow technical and business understanding
- Understanding of a Sales and Marketing environment is a plus.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top