Business Development Manager West Africa - Cross Modality (Philips Healthsystems Equipment: X-Ray, MRI, CT)
Job TitleBusiness Development Manager West Africa – Cross Modality (Philips Healthsystems Equipment: X-Ray, MRI, CT)
For 125 years, Philips has been a leader in building and shaping markets with our meaningful innovations. We have always been guided by our passion to improve people’s lives – true to our vision of making the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation.
In 2014 we announced the next phase of our Accelerate! transformation, moving from a holding company structured around multiple divisions to two stand-alone operating companies – in HealthTech and Lighting Solutions – with the ambition of capturing growth and creating value, both leveraging the trusted Philips brand.
About Philips Africa:
Philips Africa comprises all 54 countries of Africa, from the Cape to Cairo, and from the Atlantic to the Indian Ocean. Philips Africa is headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa and it has presence in seven other African countries, in the cities of Accra, Algiers, Casablanca, Cairo, Nairobi and Tunis. Philips Africa is definitely one of the growth drivers for Philips.
Why choose Philips:
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women’s health, Philips Health Systems operates in the key areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Within these areas it offers unique business propositions that deliver value throughout the cycle of care – from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor’s office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Health Systems’ unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
Research brings meaningful innovations to market via close collaboration with Healthcare sector. To foster speeding up end-to-end innovation from idea to market, Philips creates the differentiation through clinical domain expertise combined with intelligent and meaningful data transformation. Philips Research Africa plays a key role in realizing this strategic journey by bringing a blend of clinical knowledge, big data analytics, and visualization & software development capability
Business Development Manager West Africa – Cross Modality (Philips Healthsystems Equipment: X-Ray, MRI, CT)
Aim of the job:
Responsible for leading the country to realize the business objectives of Philips Heathsystems (equipment and services) and drive the total country ‘upstream’ business creation and ‘downstream’ business execution. The Business Development Manager is a member of the District Management Team.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Accountable for maximizing order intake, sales (incl. Point-Of-Sale Services Contracts) and price realization within the country for cross modality equipment
- Support Annual Operating Planning process
- Performance measurement with US counterparts of the channel partners, including selection, development and goal setting. Ensure overall high level of engagement.
- Drive business development in the country with a 1 till 2 year horizon in general and 3 months planning horizon in specific (e.g. RoFo, funnel management, status, corrective action plan)
- Own the forecast process including funnel maintenance within the country and business; secure funnel management tool is up to date, systematically analyzing win & loss deals, expectations, customer satisfaction (NPS), market, competition and trends
- Responsible for creation and execution of corrective action plans
- Responsible for country product mix (QxP)
- Consolidate information about market trends, competitor’s sales practices and potential projects.
- Build/Execute marketing plan , translating the marketing strategy into tangible deliverables for the Country Sales force, focusing on the country implementation
- Optimize market share actively managing the portfolio to take account of changing environments
- Conduct win / loss analyses to examine reasons for success / failure
- Drive growth by identification of business opportunities and allocate resources and business tools accordingly
- Identify new business, channel opportunities and customer needs in the country(s) to ensure growth
- Support new products launches
- Monitor country market prices, provides input on competitive price developments and product price positioning based on win / loss analyses. Escalate positioning / pricing issues to cluster
- Provide feedback on product requirements, competition (e.g. portfolio, sales tools, tactics) and required programs to cluster
- Provide sales tools requirements to cluster
- Provide outlook on market size, growth and share
Manage business relationships with Key Decision Makers, strategic US accounts and Key Opinion Leaders, in addition to customers representing the different market segments
Quality and Regulatory
Take all necessary actions, including the deployment of team objectives, to ensure full compliance with all Business and Q&R policies and procedures
Authority to make decisions on all sales and service sales activities in the assigned country as directed by Business Manager for the region and District Manager in line with the regional strategy and authorization matrix.
- Order intake, price realization and sales versus AOP
- Customer Satisfaction (NPS)
- Forecast accuracy and CRM funnel management information
- Socket retention rate & Installed base development
- Clean orders (Order Data Sheet)
- Product mix
Education & Experience
- Degree level education or equivalent.
- Knowledge of medical equipment (X-Ray, MRI, CT) is a preference
- Experience in sales and / or marketing in a B2C/B2B environment
- Knowledge of channel structures
- Understanding of local Healthcare market is highly preferred
- Fluent in English both verbal as written.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top