Business Analyst- Clinical Informatics
Job TitleBusiness Analyst- Clinical Informatics
In this role, you have the opportunity to
be a key contributor on our Clinical Innovation incubator team. Philips is looking for a talented, experienced, and entrepreneurial-minded Business Analyst, you will be responsible for strengthen its Core solution development team.
You are responsible for
- Producing and maintaining System level requirements and allocation of those requirements to subsystems. Works with system architect on subsystem definition.
- Working with program management, product management, clinical and architecture/development teams to facilitate subsystem integration activities and develop the end to end technical view of the solution
- Interacting effectively with product management and clinical and technical end-users to understand and document business requirements, processes and workflows
- Working with manufacturing/factory operations to plan and facilitate design transfer
- Supporting business development and sales activities by providing technical proposals and ensuring requirements are in place to meet the proposed deliverables.
- Coordinating and planning with development and install teams to ensure end to end product performance in the target environment.
- Facilitating teams of healthcare and technical professionals to define and document project scope and detailed functional requirements
- Supporting project management in the planning, estimating, scheduling, and executing of project plans and associated artifacts
- Providing support, from a requirements perspective, to the project team through all stages of the project life cycle including development, testing, documentation, training and implementation
- Acting as a liaison between the subject matter experts and the technical team
- Acting as a liaison to internal Philips suppliers and consultants
- Conforming to Philips quality and regulatory processes in all activities.
You are a part of
a team working in the Clinical Innovation organization within Philips Healthcare. Our research and business provides unique opportunities to develop cutting edge clinical solutions and deliver meaningful solutions in the healthcare space.The Clinical Innovation Core Team's mission is to work with leadership to create the vision for the future of Healthcare. We do this through an in-depth understanding of the challenges clinicians face and where changes in healthcare and technology impact their ability to deliver high quality patient care. The combination of our own original thinking, with critical input from patients and providers, serves as the foundation to create innovations that really matter. We specialize in developing clinical informatics and patient care solutions that simplify clinician workflow, improve financial outcomes, and help improve and save lives. Our products and services deliver world class healthcare solutions.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in science or engineering discipline
- 5+ years' experience writing & analyzing system/functional requirements and developing traceability matrices
- 5+ years' experience in Class II or III medical device regulated product development
- 3+ years' experience in a customer facing role
- 3+ years' experience leading technical teams
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills and facilitation abilities
- Skilled in TFS agile workflows, MS Word, Excel, Project, Visio
- Experience working within a Quality Management System
- Proven self-starter with demonstrated track record of managing multiple, concurrent, complex tasks
We would like to see candidates that also have some or any of the following:
- Master's degree (science or engineering preferred)
- 3+ years' experience in a clinical informatics, or patient monitoring related role
- Experience working with cloud-enabled products
- Experience with requirements management tools highly desirable (e.g. Team Foundation Server, DOORS, MKS, etc)
- Experience in developing use cases and UML models
- Experience working with the product backlog – identifying good innovative ideas to target for commercialization
In return, we offer you
an entrepreneurial innovations space to create and grow new technology arenas and business models. As a member of the team you will be responsible for working with product stakeholders to gather, analyze, and communicate product requirements to both engineering and manufacturing teams as well as provide system-level expertise and support to both program and product management in a variety of areas. You will be tasked with applying cutting edge technologies into compelling business propositions and build new product-service combination business model concepts to drive the future of healthcare!
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top