Brand Identity Consultant for UX and UI
Job TitleBrand Identity Consultant for UX and UI
In the role of Brand Consultant for digital and software touchpoints you will be a key player within the Philips Design Brand Consultancy team. Our core purpose is to ensure with everything we do, we build brand preference and persuasion in the market. We bring our skills to define one global brand identity program taking into consideration market and business requirements. You act as a Philips brand custodian and you are responsible to enable and support the Philips organization in understanding how to deliver ‘on-brand’ digital user experiences. You are key in helping the organization to implement our Software Design Language System, which is created to give designers and developers the principles, guidelines and tools to design consistent, compelling and highly usable future facing user experiences across our portfolio.
- Becoming the go-to source of knowledge and help with regards to anything related to our brand and the application of it to user interfaces and digital touchpoints, especially to software and mobile applications.
- Providing support on all brand related questions that come in by phone and email, from across the entire Philips organization including newly acquired companies and licensees as well as agencies.
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will provide input in the creative process helping to create guidelines and final design specifications for digital touchpoints.
- Reviewing and assessing brand expressions and user experiences across digital touchpoints – according to our UX principles and brand identity guidelines.
- Delivering training from beginner to advanced levels.
- Member of a review board
- You are able to confidently communicate and strongly articulate your view, both clearly and persuasively at an individual and group level.
We are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Digital/UX Design and/or Brand/Design management with a minimum of 10 years working experience in a Brand, Digital Design organization or a Digital agency
- Ability to act as brand and UX consultant across various brand related projects ranging from providing support on brand strategy related questions to providing detailed content for the refinements to our guidelines
- Ability to lead diverse, cross-functional teams – achieving the required objectives
- Ability to work in virtual teams and to establish relationships with people who are not physically present
- Ability to grasp the big picture yet having a great eye for details
- You are well able to work within tight deadlines, demonstrating a high degree of flexibility
- A healthy balance of analytical abilities and creativity
- Able to motivate and influence without formal authority
- Excellent business command of the English language (both written and spoken)
- Your visual skills are strong in stylistic accuracy, visual semantics and visual hierarchy
- Able to evaluate and create effective copy (structure, tonality and content) by understanding the effect on the brand, audience and market.
- Uses appropriate and effective communicating skills to help build relationships and appropriately influence all relevant internal & external key decision makers and stakeholders.
- Advanced level of necessary professional skills; including computer skills and a full range of core design software tools – (Adobe CS, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign etc.)
- Fluency in English is required.
- This position is full time and based in Amsterdam.
- We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive year salary
- 25 days holiday and the possibility to purchase up to 13 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Company pension scheme
- Health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
If you’re interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your CV, portfolio and introduction letter through the Philips career site using vacancy number 219580.
Please note the closing date is 11th of December 2016.
After a pre-selection process based on your CV and portfolio, you will be invited by our recruitment officer for an interview.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top