BIU Product Support Engineer
Job TitleBIU Product Support Engineer
We simplify healthcare by focusing on the people in the care cycle – patients and care providers. Through combining human insights and clinical expertise, we aim to improve patient outcomes while lowering the burden on the healthcare system. Philips delivers advanced solutions for both health professionals, to meet the needs of patients, and empowered consumers for affordable healthcare whether in hospital or at home.
Product Support Engineering represents and champions customer support needs in the development of new products and interim product releases as well as service tools. Works closely with cross-functional organizations (i.e.: Development Engineering, Marketing, Customer Service Centers, Professional Services, etc.) providing supportability requirements, influencing design and manufacture for supportability. Working with World-wide Customer Services Field Service and Technical Support Teams Support Engineering ensures successful product introductions and best in class service delivery contributing to high Net Promoter Scores. This includes support planning, training development and delivery. Maximize customer satisfaction through product reliability and performance data monitoring. Drive continuous improvement of products, service and support strategies. Provide “Level 3” technical assistance to the SSR-Technical Support Group and end user/customer in diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging products, systems or software when issues cannot be resolved locally. Develops and delivers timely service communication of identified issues and solutions. Develops and delivers timely discontinuance plans prior to end of product life.
PCMS provides clinical informatics and patient care solutions that simplify clinician workflow, improve financial outcomes, and help improve and save lives.
Be a part of a team that uses strong technical and problem solving skills to provide technical/clinical support to service engineers and Philips Healthcare customers around the world. In this role, you have new and different challenges every day and have the opportunity to go home at night knowing that you have made difference in improving healthcare and perhaps even saving lives.
As a Philips Product Support Engineer you will:
- Partner with Software Engineers during the development process to ensure product supportability,
- Develop and implement product support plans
- Develop and deliver service training for worldwide internal field service teams
- Provides high quality Level 3 Product Support to the world-wide Services Teams.
- Proactively identify functional, performance and service improvement opportunities and recommend solutions
The successful candidate will have a BS in computer science, IT, Healthcare informatics, or the equivalent and have:
- Broad technical knowledge of products and clinical applications for healthcare informatics products.
- Proficiency with technologies such as: Information Systems Networks, Microsoft technologies including SQL Server, XP, Windows Server 20xx, Visual Studio, Active Directory, Relational Databases, VMWare, SANS technology, Citrix and tools for troubleshooting a variety of HW, SW and networking problems.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to write troubleshooting or configuration modifying scripts.
- Excellent teamwork skills along with the ability to assess and initiate corrective actions.
- Self Starter and ability and desire to continuously learn.
The following will be helpful but not required:
- In Hospital experience with Clinical IT products – technical or clinical
- Development Engineering experience of clinical IT products
- MCSE or A+ certification or equivalent
- Ability to troubleshoot networking problems; (Network+ certification or equivalent)
- Familiarity with .Net
- Project management skills
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top