Biomedical Equipment Technician -2 (Port Arthur, TX)
- Groves, TX
Biomedical Equipment Technician -2 (Port Arthur, TX)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Join Philips Healthcare as part of the Service Engineering organization as a Biomedical Equipment Technician 2 (BMET) located in the Port Arthur, TX area, with occasional travel to a satellite facility in Beaumont, TX. You will manage and foster strong customer relationships through effective use of communication and technical knowledge to install, troubleshoot, service and maintain biomedical equipment at customer sites.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to Port Arthur, TX.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
You are responsible for
- Identifying and resolving customer issues, providing the customer with the appropriate communication and involving appropriate site service personnel.
- Demonstrating ownership in difficult circumstances and showing a sense of urgency about delivering results; establishing the priorities of the moment by assessing the priorities communicated by the Site Manager, the Site Team, or the customer.
- Serving as a company representative, acting as a resource in response to customer inquiries and communicating only appropriate information; referring information to the appropriate persons.
- Providing a positive, cohesive company image when discussing the company, products, etc. with the customer; establishing credibility and trust.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction while meeting business objectives; focusing on fixing the customer as well as the medical products; setting realistic customer expectations.
- Interfacing with end-users, department managers, and supervisors on routine issues
- Providing consultation to various hospital committees or teams as requested by the customer with prior approval of site management, if requested.
- Performing a wide variety of tasks, changing focuses quickly as demands change; adapting to the varying needs and requirements of the customer and the business; implementing best practices.
- Participating as an active member of work teams; putting the team ahead of individual needs and displaying a positive attitude; supporting areas of empowerment and striving for continuous improvement of team processes.
- Operating under the required knowledge of regulatory requirements, performance standards, Philips policies, customer policies, and safety requirements (electrical and radiation safety, safe lifting practices, etc.).
- Managing company assets effectively including labor time, parts inventory levels, tools, test equipment calibration, customer purchase orders, equipment, business expenditures, etc.
- Performing all administrative duties in a complete manner within prescribed company policy/guidelines including timesheets, service activity reporting, expense reports, preventative maintenance documentation, and other related paperwork.
- Possessing a high degree of biomedical technical proficiency, comfortable working with a certain level of ambiguity; assessing situations and making an optimal and speedy decision despite limited information; solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of all issues.
- Applying troubleshooting methodology to identify root causes; demonstrating troubleshooting capacity to the component level and providing a clear explanation regarding the status of the repair to the customer, if needed.
- Performing as a primary BMET for multiple medical specialties; maintaining knowledge of technical advances and current industry trends.
- Defining problems - collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions; applying your technical training and resources to effectively solve problems and follow-up on ongoing issues.
The Philips Global Sales and Service organization. You will benefit from the team's growing breadth and depth of healthcare products and services portfolio, and you will be challenged to drive our best-in-class reputation through top customer experience ratings. In a "One Team" culture, you'll have the support of an intrinsically linked group of multi-disciplinary experts who are drive by a common mission of making the world healthier and more sustainable. As part of the Service Engineering organization, you will contribute to providing the right data, context, and approach which will change the way we do business and make a difference for our customers.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Associate's degree or equivalent training/experience in electronics or biomedical engineering and/or Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician (CBET) certification
- 4+ years of professional working experience servicing medical equipment; experience with sterilizer, ventilator, and anesthesia equipment strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of mechanical devices, tools, and test equipment; must possess demonstrated skills in using oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, etc.
- Fundamental knowledge of Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM) and networking is desirable
- Working knowledge of electronic circuit boards, processors and computer hardware including applications, programming, and systems functionality
- PC competency, to include basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and databases
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and driving record that is compliant with Philips' Fleet Policy; may travel to customer sites other than the assigned site, zone office, or identified locations for meetings
- May be required to be available 24/7 via phone or pager, work alternate shifts, rotate in an on-call status
- Ability to carry/pull up to 40 lbs of test equipment; ability to lift or carry parts weighing a few ounces to over 100 lbs (assistance available when lifting items over 50 lbs)
- Ability to frequently bend, stoop, twist, turn, and work in unusual positions using full-body mobility
- Require to meet all customer specific mandates such as vaccinations and/or screening tests
- This is a remote/home based position
The ability to sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we're used to listening to our customers and apply the same thinking to our employees. Additionally, we provide you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, paired with a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a supportive atmosphere.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person's relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top