Biomedical Equipment Technician 1 - Service and Solutions Delivery (Youngstown, OH & Sharon, PA)
- Youngstown, OH
Biomedical Equipment Technician 1 - Service and Solutions Delivery (Youngstown, OH & Sharon, PA)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Biomedical Technician supports the Multi-Vendor Biomedical business within an assigned geographical area or at an assigned account. This position will be responsible for customer relationship management through the effective use of communications and technical knowledge to install, troubleshoot, service, and maintain equipment at customer sites.
You are responsible for
- Responsible for identification and resolution of customer issues, providing the customer with the appropriate communication and involving appropriate site service personnel.
- Develop/learn how to proactively identify issues and provide creative, comprehensive solutions for customer which go beyond simple break/fix.
- The Biomedical Technician 2 must demonstrate ownership in difficult customer circumstances and show a sense of urgency about delivering results, ability to establish the priorities of the moment by assessing the priorities communicated by the Site Manager, the Site Team, or the customer at multiple levels.
- As a company representative, acts as a resource in response to customer inquiries and communicates only appropriate information.
- Provides a positive cohesive company image, across business lines, when discussing the company, products, etc with the customer.
- Establishes credibility and trust.
- Ensures customer satisfaction while meeting business objectives.
- Provide exceptional customer service by adhering to equipment coverage level, setting clear expectations, meeting commitments and arrival times. Understand customer's business and competitive environment.
- May be requested to serve upon or provide consultation to various hospital committees or teams as requested by the customer with prior approval of site management.
- Adopt, develop and implement best practices within local site and across multiple work teams.
- Proactively schedules activities & makes him/herself available to assist others.
- Seeks out opportunities to increase capability and capacity.
- Actively seeks to mentor others.
- Operate under the required knowledge of regulatory requirements, performance standards, Philips policies, customer policies, and safety requirements (electrical & radiation safety, safe lifting practices, etc.).
- Manages company assets effectively including labor time, parts inventory levels, tools, test equipment calibration, customer purchase orders, equipment, business expenditures, etc.
- Performs all administrative duties in a complete manner within prescribed company policies/guidelines including time sheets, service activity reporting, expense reports, preventative maintenance documentation, and other related paperwork.
- Builds knowledge of the business financials and how their decision making and skill sets drive business results.
- This position will be used within Customer Service and applies to all biomedical equipment. Requires minimal supervision.
- Able to perform as a primary BMET for at least one medical specialty. May be assigned duties for multiple medical specialties. Maintains knowledge of technical advances, compliance standards and current industry trends.
- Able to perform preventative maintenance and service repair on equipment utilizing the service manual, OJT, OEM or 3rd Party training.
- Assesses situations and make correct decision regarding whether to engage others (ie: escalation) or handle alone.
- Problem Solving:
- Defines problems: Collects data, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions and/or seeks assistance from others.
- Has the ability to interpret an extensive variety of service materials and technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Applies his/her technical training and resources to effectively solve problems. Ensures follow-up on on-going issues.
- Demonstrates troubleshooting capability to the component level and provide a clear explanation regarding the status of the repair to the customer with assistance, if needed.
You are a part of
Working as part of our 5,550-member Global Sales and Service organization, you'll benefit from the team's growing breadth and depth of healthcare products and services portfolio, and be challenged to drive our best-in-class reputation through top customer experience ratings.
In a 'One Team' culture, you'll have the support of an intrinsically linked group of multi-disciplinary experts who are driven by a common mission of making the world healthier and more sustainable. As part of the Service engineering organization you will contribute to providing the right data, context, and approach which will change the way we do business and make a difference for our customers
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Associate's degree or equivalent training/experience in electronics or Biomedical Engineering.
- PC competency, to include basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, databases
- Experience with mechanical devices and tools and test equipment.
- Knowledge and understanding of electronic circuit boards, processors and computer hardware including applications, programming and systems functionality.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of networking technologies and troubleshooting methods.
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license and a driving record that is in compliant with Philips' Fleet Policy.
- CBET certification desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of employees and customers both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work cohesively and effectively with employees at all levels / departments of the organizations
- Ability to effectively operate in a team driven environment and share knowledge to achieve assigned goals and objectives.
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements in a complex, fast pace environment.
- Strong organizational skills, self-disciplined, and the ability to work independently.
- Lean certification desirable.
- Must be able to commute to Chicago, IL
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Job operates in the hospital/medical environment including office, warehouse, operating room, laboratory and patient rooms.
- Potential exposure to hazardous physical, chemical, radiological and biological agents and loud noise.
- May work in environments where devices producing one or more of the following may be in use: high levels of radiation, high magnetic fields, high voltages, compressed and liquefied gases, and radioactive materials. Strict adherence to corporate and site safety procedures is mandatory.
- Frequently in contact with electrical equipment.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, medical test equipment.
- Occasionally operating a motorized vehicle.
- Responsible for carrying and monitoring company cell phone and being available and responsive during scheduled and non-scheduled hours, except during rest and meal periods as required by applicable state law.
- Must be flexible in working hours as this position will require customer support during non-regular business hours, mandatory overtime on short notice, and/or weekend work as necessary.
- Occasional sitting, pulling, twisting, climbing stairs, balancing, stooping and kneeling.
- Occasional reaching, grasping and extended reaching.
- Occasional computer viewing and use of vibrating tools.
- Frequent standing, walking, pushing, and repetitive hand movements.
- Frequently carrying items up to 20 pounds and rarely carrying anything over 20 pounds.
- Frequent lifting up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift from 50 to 100+ pounds, with assistance available when lifting or carrying items over 50 pounds.
- Rarely lifting anything over 100 pounds.
- Rarely required to climb ladders or crawl.
- Rarely working outside or exposed to cold or heat.
- Continuous hearing, use of depth perception, color vision and working inside.
- Use of personal protective equipment may be required including, but not limited to, disposable clean room coveralls, gloves (latex and/or cut proof), eye protection, ear protection and full face shield.
- This position will require you to meet all customer specific mandates such as vaccinations and or screening tests.
Mission Critical Competencies
Dealing with Ambiguity
This is a remote/home based position
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance of the Youngstown, OH or Sharon, PA area.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we're used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top