Biomedical Equipment Technician 1 (Houston, TX)
- Houston, TX
Biomedical Equipment Technician 1 (Houston, TX)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Join Philips Healthcare as a Biomedical Equipment Technician - 1 (BMET) in the Houston, TX area where you will WOW our customers by using your strong technical skills in providing the best in class customer service! As part of the Service engineering organization you will contribute to providing the right data, context, and approach, which will change the way we do business and make a difference for our customers.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to Houston, TX
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
You are responsible for
The identification and resolution of customer issues, providing the customer with the appropriate communication and involving appropriate site service personnel. Maintaining customer satisfaction is the primary goal. Therefore, the BMET technician must demonstrate ownership in difficult circumstances and show a sense of urgency about delivering results, ability to establish the priorities of the moment by assessing the priorities communicated by the Site Manager, the Site Team or the customer.
As a company representative, acts as a resource in response to customer inquiries and communicates only appropriate information. Refers information to the appropriate person. Provides a positive cohesive company image when discussing the company and products with the customer.
- Work to learn, and establish rapport with customers.
- Build credibility and trust with customers by conducting pro-active customer visits.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency to identify and assist in identification and resolution of customer issues. Follow the appropriate escalation process.
- Adopt, develop and implement best practices and seek to mentor others.
- Operate under the required knowledge of State and Federal regulatory requirements. Adheres to established training, quality, and safety requirements.
- Performs all administrative duties within established Philips and regulatory timeframes including timesheets, service work orders, expense reports, Field Change Orders, preventative maintenance, installation documents, site and service documentation, and other related paperwork.
- Independently complete PMs, FCOs, installations, and all related tasks and independently diagnose, resolve electronic, network, and mechanical problems, and resolve customer issues.
You are a part of
Our Global Sales and Services of North America organization. Working within this group, you'd benefit from the team's growing breadth and depth of healthcare products and services portfolio, and be challenged to drive our best-in-class reputation through top customer experience ratings. In a 'One Team' culture, you will have the support of an intrinsically linked group of multi-disciplinary experts, who are driven by a common mission of making the world healthier and more sustainable. As part of the Service engineering organization you will contribute to providing the right data, context and approach which will change the way we do business and make a difference for our customers.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Associate's degree or equivalent training/experience in electronics or Biomedical Engineering.
- At least 1 years' experience in biomedical equipment or experience in the electronics industry. Field service environment preferred.
- Experience with mechanical devices and tools and test equipment. Must possess demonstrated skills in using an oscilloscope, digital multi-meter, etc.
- Experience with electronic circuit boards, processors and computer hardware including applications, programming and systems functionally.
- Strong organizational skills, self-disciplined and the ability to work independently and communicate effectively with various levels of employees and customers both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively operate in a team driven environment to achieve assigned goals and objectives.
- This position will require you to meet all customer specific mandates such as vaccinations and or screening tests.
We are currently recruiting for various opportunities with this skill set, you may be given consideration for a variety of openings in the market.
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we're used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Call to Action / Contact
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top