Biomed Tech/Project Manager (Valhalla, NY)
Biomed Tech/Project Manager (Valhalla, NY)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Join Philips Healthcare as a Biomedical Equipment Technician/Project Manager in the Valhalla, NY area where you will WOW our customers by using your strong technical skills in providing the best in class customer service! As part of the Service engineering organization you will contribute to providing the right data, context, and approach which will change the way we do business and make a difference for our customers.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to Valhalla, NY.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
You are responsible for
Responsible for identification and resolution of customer issues, providing the customer with the appropriate communication and involving appropriate site service personnel. Maintaining customer satisfaction is the primary goal. Therefore, the BMET technician must demonstrate ownership in difficult circumstances and show a sense of urgency about delivering results, ability to establish the priorities of the moment by assessing the priorities communicated by the Site Manager, the Site Team or the customer.
As a company representative, acts as a resource in response to customer inquiries and communicates only appropriate information. Refers information to the appropriate person. Provides a positive cohesive company image when discussing the company and products with the customer.
- Act as the primary point of contact to the customer for Philips service delivery at assigned account(s).
- Manage communications and flow of information between company and client across all departments and organizational levels.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and participate in service, sales, project, and contract meetings, and PMG site visits.
- Work to learn, and establish rapport with customers.
- Build credibility and trust with customers by conducting pro-active customer visits.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency to identify and assist in identification and resolution of customer issues. Follow the appropriate escalation process.
- Operate under the required knowledge of State and Federal regulatory requirements. Adheres to established training, quality, and safety requirements.
- Performs all administrative duties within established Philips and regulatory timeframes including timesheets, service work orders, expense reports, Field Change Orders, preventative maintenance, installation documents, site and service documentation, and other related paperwork.
- Independently complete PMs, FCOs, installations, and all related tasks and independently diagnose, resolve electronic, network, and mechanical problems, and resolve customer issues.
You are a part of
Our GSSNA group is a 5,500-member North American Healthcare Sales and Service organization. Working within this group, you'd benefit from the team's growing breadth and depth of healthcare products and services portfolio, and be challenged to drive our best-in-class reputation through top customer experience ratings. In a 'One Team' culture, you'll have the support of an intrinsically linked group of multi-disciplinary experts who are driven by a common mission of making the world healthier and more sustainable. As part of the Service engineering organization you will contribute to providing the right data, context, and approach which will change the way we do business and make a difference for our customers.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Associate's degree or equivalent training/experience in electronics or Biomedical Engineering.
- At least 2 years' experience in biomedical equipment or with at least one year of experience coordinating biomed project roll outs.
- Experience with mechanical devices and tools and test equipment. Must possess demonstrated skills in using an oscilloscope, digital multimeter, etc.
- Experience with electronic circuit boards, processors and computer hardware including applications, programming and systems functionally.
- Strong organizational skills, self-disciplined and the ability to work independently and communicate effectively with various levels of employees and customers both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively operate in a team driven environment to achieve assigned goals and objectives.
This position will require you to meet all customer specific mandates such as vaccinations and or screening tests.
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we're used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top