Biomed Tech 2 (Hamilton, NJ)
Job TitleBiomed Tech 2 (Hamilton, NJ)
We challenge you as a biomed tech to support Robert Wood Johnson Hospital in Hamilton, NJ. You will be responsible for customer relationship management through the effective use of technical knowledge to service and maintain biomedical equipment. This is accomplished through individual efforts and the efforts of the site service team.
You will report into the Philips Multi-vendor Area Service Manager for the East Zone.
- Responsible for identification and resolution of customer issues, providing the customer with the appropriate communication and involving appropriate site service personnel. The BMET must demonstrate ownership in difficult circumstances and show a sense of urgency about delivering results, ability to establish the priorities of the moment by assessing the priorities communicated by the Site Manager, the Site Team, or the customer.
- As a company representative, acts as a resource in response to customer inquiries and communicates only appropriate information. Refers information to the appropriate person. Provides a positive cohesive company image when discussing the company, products, etc with the customer. Establishes credibility and trust.
- Ensures customer satisfaction while meeting business objectives.
- Focuses on fixing the customer as well as the medical products. Sets realistic customer expectations. Interfaces with end-users, department managers and supervisors on routine issues.
- May be requested to serve upon or provide consultation to various hospital committees or teams as requested by the customer with prior approval of site management.
- Performs a wide variety of tasks and changes focus quickly as demands change. Adapt to varying needs and requirements of the customer and the business. Implements best practices.
- Actively participates as a member of empowered work teams.
- Puts the team ahead of individual needs and displays a positive attitude.
- Actively supports areas of empowerment and continuously strives to improve the team processes
- Works on areas improving customer satisfaction and company profitability. Keeps commitments – does not “pass the buck.”
- Open to and embraces change.
- Operate under the required knowledge of regulatory requirements, performance standards, Philips policies, customer policies, and safety requirements (electrical & radiation safety, safe lifting practices, etc.).
- Manages company assets effectively including labor time, parts inventory levels, tools, test equipment calibration, customer purchase orders, equipment, business expenditures, etc.
- Performs all administrative duties in a complete manner within prescribed company policies/guidelines including timesheets, service activity reporting, expense reports, preventative maintenance documentation, and other related paperwork.
- Able to perform as a primary BMET for multiple medical specialties. Maintains knowledge of technical advances and current industry trends.
- Assesses situations and makes an optimal and speedy decision despite limited information. Solves problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of all the issues.
- Problem Solving:
- Defines problems: Collects data, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions.
- Has the ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Applies his/her technical training and resources to effectively solve problems. Ensures follow-up on on-going issues.
- Demonstrates troubleshooting capability to the component level and provide a clear explanation regarding the status of the repair to the customer, if needed.
- Diagnoses & resolves equipment problems with minimal call-back or repeat requests.
- Provides required preventative maintenance, factory modifications, normal installations and service.
- Utilizes the call escalation process and communicates customer issues to optimize customer uptime and satisfaction while maintaining ownership of the issue.
- Provides training/mentorship/technical support to other BMETs.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent training/experience in electronics or Biomedical Engineering.
- Minimum 3-6 years servicing medical equipment; Ideally Sterilizer, Ventilator and Anesthesia equipment.
- Experience with mechanical devices and tools and test equipment. Must possess demonstrated skills in using an oscilloscope, digital multimeter, etc.
- Fundamentals of Dicom & Networking desirable.
- Experience with electronic circuit boards, processors and computer hardware including applications, programming and systems functionally.
- PC competency, to include basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, databases.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- CBET certification desirable.
- May be required to: be available 24 × 7 via phone or pager, work alternate shifts, rotate in an on-call status.
- Carries or pulls up to 40 lbs. of test equipment.
- Lifts parts or carries parts weighing a few ounces to over 100 lbs. (assistance available when lifting items over 50 lbs).
- Frequently bends, stoops, twists, turns, and works in unusual positions using full body mobility.
- May work from ladders or scaffolding, on occasion.
- May travel to customer sites other than assigned site, zone office or identified locations for meetings.
- Potential exposure to hazardous physical, chemical, and biological agents.
Do you want the opportunity to take your career to the next level in a global organization backed by a stable 120 year legacy of innovation? Here, you’ll go as far and as wide as you aspire. We make sure of it through support of a formal development planning process, as well as countless opportunities to expand your knowledge and skill set through resources such as the [email protected] program, tuition reimbursement and/or mentor relationships.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top