Biomed Site Manager - (Valhalla, NY)
Job TitleBiomed Site Manager - (Valhalla, NY)
Biomed Site Manager
The Site Manager at Westchester Medical Center will serve our customers by using their strong technical/project management skills in providing the best in class customer service! The Site Manager acts as on-site contact for customer site(s) and as such is considered the point person for the customer, coordinating and communicating all operational activity covered under the contract, including repairs, preventative maintenance, and other matters. This position also has primary responsibility for personally repairing and maintaining equipment as identified in the agreement between the Company and the customer. The Site Manager maintains an in-depth understanding of the contractual obligations to the customer, while anticipating future needs with direction from the Area Service Manager. Through regular customer meetings this position will be responsible to develop and deliver updates and reviews on current metrics and future opportunities or challenges.
- Customer Satisfaction
- Providing the Highest Level of customer satisfaction is the primary goal.
- Responsible for identification and resolution of customer issues, providing the customer with timely communication and involving appropriate resources to address the issue(s).
- The Site Manager must demonstrate ownership in difficult circumstances and show a sense of urgency to get things done according to expectations of Customer and Company.
- Actively participates as a member of one or more Regional Work Teams.
- Assumes a leadership role in the work team environment. This role functions as the Company representative to the customer, which includes managing the contracts and controlling the cost of services while striving to improve the delivery of services. Recommends and implements approved cost reduction and/or revenue enhancement programs.
- Perform all administrative duties in a complete manner within prescribed company policies/guidelines.
- Learn and adhere to Federal and State regulatory performance standards, registration, Quality Systems Regulations, EPA, JCAHO and OSHA regulations. Follow established quality and safety requirements (electrical & radiation safety, safe lifting practices, etc.).
- Understand customer contract entitlements and adhere to specified requirements.
- Manage company assets effectively; including labor time, parts, tools, test equipment, Returned Materials Authorizations, customer purchase orders, company vehicle, laptop, cell phone, business expenditures, etc.
- Responsible for prompt and accurate submission of service activity reporting, accounts payable, billing transmittals, monthly service activity report and review, and other administrative requirements as may be required by the Region Service Manager.
- Able to perform duties of a BMET. Pursues knowledge of technical advances and current industry trends. Shares information and mentors others as needed.
- Assesses situations and makes an optimal and speedy decision despite limited information. Solves problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of all the issues
- Defines problems and presents possible solutions: Collects data, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions.
- Business Results
- Integrates knowledge of the business financials to drive business results. Requests contracts or service events with other Service suppliers. Interfaces with Company resources in the execution of the service agreements. Monitors subcontractor performance. Minimizes subcontracts when possible
- Bachelor's Degree in Biomedical Engineering, electronics such as BSEE or BSEET or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years' experience managing a healthcare industry.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Broad mechanical diagnostic troubleshooting and repair skills. Proficient use of associated tools and test equipment.
- Understands the healthcare industry and current trends. Has knowledge of various departments and users within a healthcare facility.
- Ability to communicate effectively, share knowledge and lead a team to achieve assigned goals and objectives.
- Flexible and willing to embrace change as customer requirements or business goals are modified.
- Strong results orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively in a team-based organization across multiple locations and with management and individuals of various levels and backgrounds across all department and organizational levels.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- May be required to be available 24 x 7, required to rotate in an on-call status.
- Travel to the customer site, zone office or identified locations for meetings, training and business needs outside the Zone, as required.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to Westchester Medical Center, Valhalla, NY.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top