Job TitleAutomation Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
- Expert knowledge and ability to design, create, develop and manage systems, for example, factory automation, process automation, and warehouse automation.
- Design, program, simulate, and test automated machinery and processes for FDA food processing plants and robots.
- Demonstrable success functioning as a controls design engineer on multiple automation projects as well as troubleshooting equipment.
- Develop and Maintain Automated Processes.
- Seek out areas of Automated Process Improvements and Implement Corrective Actions.
- Provide Engineering Support to Business Units to Troubleshoot and Resolve Technical Issues.
- Initiates and leads multi-disciplinary change projects and/or industrialization projects at business level.
- Advanced Understanding of PLC Programming, HMI, vision systems, and robotics.
- Continuous improvement projects at department level. Represents Operations in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Introduces new products from Development to Operations. Specifies requirements from Operations.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or a related technical field.
- 5+ Years of hands-on automated engineering experience in a Manufacturing Environment.
- Lean/Six Sigma/5S Experience (certifications preferred).
In this role we offer you
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work?
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top