Associate Project Manager - Product Development
- Murrysville, PA
Associate Project Manager - Product Development
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Play a critical role in our Sleep and Respiratory Care (SRC) PMO as a Project Champion. You will be responsible for leading New Product Development and Launch activities for medical devices in the Sleep & Respiratory Care market.
This role will initially be based in our Monroeville office. Philips will be relocating this office to a new site in Bakery Square , one of the premier locations in Pittsburgh. This is a very exciting time to be joining Philips, as this new location will be the Sleep & Respiratory Center of Excellence. The new office is set to open in late 2020.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within commuting distance to this office.
You are responsible for
- Develop, and assure compliance to, project goals, including project schedule milestones, project budget, product cost targets, and product quality and reliability measures
- The candidate must be able to thrive in a fast paced, team-oriented, new product development environment
- Coordinating, budgeting, and scheduling project activities using appropriate project management techniques, technical judgment and interpersonal skills
- The Associate Project Manager will create and maintain an environment that encourages individual contributions, empowers and provides effective work direction for team members, and instills teams with market foresight, learning agility, and teaming
- Actively lead and participate in periodic project meetings, design reviews, R&D reviews, manufacturing reviews, and preparing and communicating project overviews and status reports to executive management
- Work with the Project Sponsor to assure project objectives are appropriately defined
- Lead the proactive identification and mitigation of project risks
- Track all issues and action items to closure
- Assure project teams follow Quality System and Business Management System processes.
- Effectively use Philips Respironics systems to achieve project deliverables relative to safety, effectiveness, usability, manufacturability, reliability, cost, quality, and time to market
- An interested and engaged contributor to the team's creative problem solving and technical challenges
- Must be a well-organized, self-starter, able to function with minimal supervision and able to meet deadlines
- Ability to develop and work with a cross-functional, global project team
- Ability to communicate effectively, both with the direct project teams and the greater SRC organization
- Ability to see the "big picture" of a project, while monitoring the effectiveness and contributions of the individual project functions
Innovation & Change
- Be flexible and empowered to change what is not working well
- Ability to flex assignments in order to meet group objectives
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent project assignments
- Composure, conflict management, timely decision making, listening skills, self-motivation, and perseverance are all requirements of this position
- Sound decision-making logic. Think logically and practically when evaluating solutions
- Ability to communicate the project status, in a clear manner, to business leadership regarding schedules, risks, budget and resources
- Must have the tenacity for combating project challenges (ie; continuous flow of disrupting events, setbacks, and conflicts of priority)
- Facilitate the recognition of project risks, define corrective actions and track project to closure
You are a part of
The Sleep & Respiratory Care PMO within Research and Development is a talented, passionate group of professionals focused in the design/development of medical devices for the diagnosis and treatment of sleep breathing disorders and respiratory illnesses.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience/Preferred Skills:
- Minimum of 1 year of Project Management experience or demonstrated experience managing cost, schedule, resources and risk in order to meet customer needs
- Minimum of a Bachelors' Degree (BS) in Engineering-Mechanical/Electrical/Biomedical or similar discipline, MS or MBA desired
- Working experience in the Stage Gate framework for new product development
- Familiarity with Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) principles/methodology
- Experience managing project resources across multiple geographic locations preferred
- Medical Device experience preferred, or experience in a regulated industry environment - aerospace, defense, automotive etc.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, preferred
In return, we offer you
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025. Every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. As one of America's Most Reputable Companies and Top Places to Work, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people- centric learning, total rewards and personalized development-planning programs.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person's relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top