Assembler 2 (THIRD SHIFT)
- State College, PA
Assembler 2 (THIRD SHIFT)
This is a 3rd shift position: 11:00pm - 7:00 am (MULTIPLE POSITIONS AVAILABLE)
Philips' mission to improve lives is more relevant now than ever. We are increasing production of certain critical care products and solutions to help diagnose and treat patients. In this role you have an opportunity to directly impact lives of people around the world and help solve some of the toughest challenges affecting us today.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Perform a variety of electro-mechanical assembly operations using small hand tools, soldering equipment and machinery.
You are responsible for
- Following detailed methods of sequence of operations to ensure documented and controlled processes are followed.
- Conducting inspection of incoming materials and outgoing finished goods using a microscope.
- Reporting on cell performances in standup meetings.
- Participating in projects as a team member in the development of skills, talents and teamwork, to support improvement projects.
- Demonstrating the Philips Behaviors, treating all team members with respect and valuing their feedback.
- Building strong teamwork to bring out the best in every employee.
- The ability to work overtime is an essential function of this 3rd shift position (11:00 PM-7:00 AM).
You are a part of
The third shift manufacturing team in our Reedsville location, who is responsible for assembling and packaging Philips Ultrasound medical devices.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- High School Diploma or GED (required)
- Experience in manufacturing, service or assembly (a plus, but not required).
- Capability to use a computer, enter accurate data and focus on detail.
- Must be able to understand and document daily production metrics.
- Strong communication and ability to resolve various issues with production and employees
- Strong hand/finger dexterity and hand eye coordination while using a microscope, with the ability to sit or stand at a workbench for extended periods to complete work.
- Physical Requirements; this position requires the ability to move on a continuous basis in order to efficiently get to other work areas, frequent lifting up to 15 pounds, occasional lifting up to 40 pounds, ability to reach and ability to use fine manipulation skills.
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to drive commitment towards continuous improvement. You will have the chance to vocalize suggestions and concerns, while assisting with idea generation for solutions for assembly and team performance.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Life at Philips is an opportunity for personal and professional growth. And a journey into the unexpected; our people often experience moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
In addition to being purpose-driven, at Philips, we deeply believe in equality and that our people should be a reflection of the society and countries in which we operate. So we value our people in all aspects of diversity, whether generational, gender, experience, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, ability, nationality, or other aspects. We believe that a flexible and inclusive culture invites a full spectrum of ideas, opinions, and experiences into the decision-making, and strive to create it wherever possible.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page , or you can discover helpful advice from our employee blog . You can also learn about our recruitment process or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top