Area Service Manager (Valhalla, NY)
Job TitleArea Service Manager (Valhalla, NY)
- Candidate must live in the Lower Hudson Valley of New York State or consider relocation.
We challenge you to join Philips Healthcare as an Area Service Manager supporting 2 hospitals that are part of the largest customer in the history of Philips Healthcare (Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla, NY). As the single point of contact representing Philips Healthcare, you will use your managerial skills in driving your team to provide best in class customer service! As part of the Customer Service organization, you will contribute to providing the right data, context, and approach, which will change the way we do business and make a difference for your customers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
PEOPLE LEADERSHIP (Managerial Courage, Command Skills, Developing Direct Reports and Others, Building Effective Teams)
- Effectively recruit, onboard, and integrate new hires onto team
- People Performance Management (PPM)
- Develop and retain top talent (Top 20%)
- Identify and address poor performance
- Coach and develop direct reports
- Lead and cultivate a culture of Philips values and integrity
- Communicate our business strategy and link BMET work and accountability
- Participate in Customer Care Team (CCT) activities and operate cross-functionally in the Zone with Sales
- Create a team environment that fosters common purpose at the BMET level and promotes job satisfaction, customer focus, and increased productivity
- Understand and utilize motivational tools to drive desired team, region, and zone behaviors and results (i.e. Simplicity Points, Communication Plans, etc)
- Complete 2016 KARS/SMART Goal assignments and mid-year PPM evaluations and ensure Employee Development plans are in place for all direct reports
CUSTOMER OWNERSHIP (Customer Focus, Composure, Negotiating, Business Acumen)
- Own and Drive business strategy and results
- Develop and implement service strategy to achieve customer loyalty
- Manage customer relationships and effectively partner with Sales counterparts
- Drive a customer solution focused operating model within the region/Zone
- Drive strong customer satisfaction results
- Ensure escalation processes are followed
- Attend all customer meetings as applicable
- Own and drive operational performance and compliance
- Become Infoview (Asset Management Software) Super-User
- Partner effectively with Business Operations to drive efficiencies, productivity, and the execution of business commitments
- Be prepared for and successfully complete all annual internal and external quality surveys
- Drive accountability within your team to ensure that all operational metrics are met
- Ensure region/sites adhere to all regulatory and compliance requirements and execution
- Complete and understand all training assigned through Training Management System (TMS) on or by due date.
- Ensure your team submits Billable “Out of Contract” expenses monthly and billable SWO repair events upon completion
- Adhere to the Customer Service and Philips expense guidelines.
- Maintain documentation for vehicle operation and submit mileage reports per company policy (if applicable).
- Understand customer contract entitlements and ensure your team meets required response times, deliver service per the customer entitlement, and obtains POs for any service delivered outside of customer entitlements.
- Ensure your Site Leaders Maintain an accurate current inventory of Equipment, submits timely Quarterly reconciliations, and recommends equipment coverage adjustments as appropriate
- Ensure that PMs are performed properly and completely including use of PM labels.
- Ensure your sites have clean and organized shops that maximize efficiency. Ensure that all equipment is properly labeled with applicable repair status (i.e. In Process Repairs, Parts Ordered, etc.)
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTABILITY (Drive for Results, Business Acumen, Decision Quality)
- Owns and drives financial business results for region to meet/exceed AOP targets for Revenue, CM Rate, and Gross Margin
- Develop business plans to drive growth and productivity while improving efficiencies and controlling expenses (i.e. reduced Material, Labor, and Purchased Services spend)
You will have direct responsibility for leading, managing, and coaching a team of 4-5 managers plus support positions in the delivery of world class customer service to Westchester Medical Center. Your total organization will include 5+ managers, administrative assistants, and a team of 20 Biomedical Engineers. You will be part of a 5,500 member North American healthcare Sales and Service organization. Working within this group, you would benefit from the team’s growing breadth and depth of healthcare products and services portfolio, and be challenged to drive our best-in-class reputation through top customer experience ratings. In a ‘One Team’ culture, you will have the support of an intrinsically linked group of multi-disciplinary experts who are driven by a common mission of making the world healthier and more sustainable.
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred
- 5+ years leadership/management experience in healthcare services or equipment sales
- Experience managing a P/L business
- Ability to develop and implement strategic initiatives to generate growth in revenue
- Ability to partner with all levels of management in the SSR and PMGs
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a demanding environment
- Demonstrated ability to interface with customers effectively and always instill confidence in any situation
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead Field Service Engineers and Biomedical Engineers to achieve targets
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Travel to the customer site, zone office or identified locations for meetings, training and business needs
- Position must reside within the region territory
If you are interested in an array of development and growth opportunities to demonstrate your impact both personally and professionally, come create your legacy here.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, and protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top