Architect - System Quality and Reliability
Architect - System Quality and Reliability
In this role you have the opportunity to:
Team-up with over 20 Quality and Reliability professionals to support all Philips businesses Globally with End-to-end (E2E) product Quality and Reliability. You get the opportunity to raise the bar for development and operational quality and realize the company's quality strategy and targets.
You are responsible for:
As an Architect - System Quality and Reliability you are responsible for the realization and management of product quality and reliability targets in product creation projects. These projects can cover every phase of the product life cycle, e.g. advanced development, product development, launch and/or sustaining.
You will be mainly involved in designing in, proving and improving quality, reliability and regulatory (e.g. safety, environmental, EMC) aspects in healthcare products and associated production processes. In your role, you will define and manage the quality and reliability strategy in a professional way and take responsibility for execution and delivery of results. You will maintain and develop knowledge and expertise resulting in service propositions that are attractive to your customers.
- Apply and Facilitate Design for Quality, Reliability, and Testing (DfX) best practices in development projects;
- Work with project leaders, system architects and lead engineers to identify and manage Quality and Reliability requirements;
- Develop actionable quality management plans to release products and processes according to specified quality levels;
- Manage & execute risk identification activities, e.g. set up the risk management plan, facilitate e.g. user, design or process FMEA, fault tree analysis
- Set up and manage design, parameter and/or process optimization, verification and validation test activities;
- Use established Business Excellence methodologies such as DfSS, DMAIC, Statistical Engineering (Shainin tools), PDCA, Kaizen events, SPC, 8D
- Provide data driven expert opinion on root cause analysis of failure modes;
- Liaise with other expert centers, lab facilities to execute reliability investigations and tests;
- Manage supplier or manufacturing quality related activities;
- Deploy best practices for quality, reliability and requirements engineering globally in Philips to R&D project teams or organizations via training & coaching to enhance maturity;
- Identify improvement opportunities in Philips businesses and develop actionable proposals and plans to address these;
- Manage your activities and services according to good project management practices.
You are part of
In this role you will support Philips businesses based in the US, and report directly into the Philips Innovation Services US Hub Site Manager in Cambridge, Massachusetts. You will also report dotted-line into the Product Quality & Reliability team based in Eindhoven, The Netherlands in order to benefit from being part of a much larger, similarly skilled and like-minded team. The Product Quality & Reliability team is part of Reliability Solutions service of Philips Innovation Services and is a dynamic group of more than 20 experts in the field of Reliability and Quality engineering. As part of the Q&R service, they have direct access to a broad range of product reliability test and material analysis facilities and experts.
All are DfSS Green belt or Black Belt, active in designing in or improving reliability of complex, innovative products and processes for our customers from both internal Philips businesses as well as external companies, located all over the world.
Curious? Check out the following video to get an introduction of Reliability Solutions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMKUpZWAZxs
Want more information? See the webinar explaining how the Product Quality & Reliability team works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AfrBT9Zg-Y&t=388s
For more information about Philips Innovation Services, please visit: http://www.innovationservices.philips.com/
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- PhD or Masters (MSc) degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience in a business R&D environment
- A proven track record in the application of Quality and Reliability best practices (DfSS, DfR)
- DfSS/DMAIC, Black Belt or similar by experience
- Experience of working in a regulated environment (ideal)
- Experience in manufacturing quality control and improvement programs (highly preferred)
- You combine analytical and conceptual thinking, physical insight, flexibility and a hands-on mentality to deliver sustainable results and creative solutions
- Excellent reporting and documentation skills
- Experienced working with quality and reliability tools and templates, e.g. Minitab , JMP, Reliasoft, FMEA, FTA, HAZOP
- Excellent consultancy skills and the ability to connect with business stakeholders
- Good project management skills (sense of urgency)
- Motivated, self-driven with a determination to succeed and the ability to manage change
- Analytical, you are open to new ideas and believe in continuous learning in order to develop new competencies
- Customer focused, have excellent communication skills. You are a true team player
- Willingness to travel to customer's site as needed for project definition and execution (typical travel is 25-50%)
- US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship fora work-authorized visa.
In return, we offer you
Philips Innovation Services will provide you with stimulating challenges across a wide range of application domains, giving you the opportunity to expand your professional experience and exploit your talents to the full. Variation, job satisfaction, personal and professional development, plus an excellent remuneration and benefits package - all within a global leading-brand company that is dedicated to improving people's lives. And most importantly, the ability to shape and grow your career in the directions you want to go.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jen D.Campaign Manager
Jen oversees the creation and implementation of sales and marketing campaigns in an effort to support Philips’ agents in the field.
Back to top