Analog Electrical Engineer
Job TitleAnalog Electrical Engineer
We welcome you to join Volcano a Philips Company as an Analog Electrical Engineer in our Rancho Cordova, CA location
In this role, you have the opportunity to Work with cutting edge product line IGT Devices is part of the Philips Image Guided Therapy (IGT) business group.
As an experienced Analog Electrical Engineer you will be a part of IGT Devices Consoles R&D hardware engineering group on our product development activities for our intravascular imaging and functional measurement consoles.
- The successful candidate will be an experienced electronics engineer who is able to deliver high quality designs within project timelines considering the medical device constraints.
- You will take a design concept (at block diagram or requirements level) and produce complete, working hardware throughout the development process using, when needed, simulation, design activities, directing layout, prototypes, design reviews, verification plans, certification plans and transfer to production.
- This role also requires the electronics engineer to interface with other functions like firmware, mechanical design, software, procurement and manufacturing. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a track record of consistently delivering high quality results.
In your new role you will be responsible for
- Develop functioning prototype systems and devices (including design, documentation, testing, and rapid iteration) for both new and existing products
- Design, develop, modify and evaluate systems and components electronic components.
- Implement applicable international standards (IEC60601, IEC60950, ISO13485, ISO14971 …) to guarantee a safe use for our patients and users.
- Write technical design support documentation, test protocols and reports for the verification, Certification and Design Transfer
- Plays a dominant role in make-or-buy decisions
- Outsource electrical activities and deliverables to external suppliers and partners. You specify the assignment and requirements. You guide and monitor the supplier during the development project and accept the deliverables on pre-defined acceptance criteria.
- Build the electrical development plan and planning as input for the project plan in near corporation with the project manager. Drive the realization of this plan, by taking care that the planned deliverables are ready on time with the right quality.
- Lead and participate in Technical Design Reviews as an author, independent reviewer or subject matter expert
- Lead agency testing and certification process with outside agency on IEC60601 standards
- Lead design transfer activities to manufacturing providing work instructions and qualification procedure and equipment
- Identify, initiate and drive improvements within the electrical domain such as product, technical and process improvements.
You are a part of
Working with a diverse team of highly capable hardware engineers (digital, analog, firmware, mechanical, electro-mechanical), the candidate must be able to create the electrical design in easy to maintain and extendible parts (components and parts). You verify that the design and implementation complies with the system requirements. The IGT Devices organization consists of three segments: Coronary, Peripheral Vascular and Electrophysiology.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Experience in the design and implementation of systems and experience in electrical subjects such as electronics, EMC/EMI, thermal design, reliability, FMEA … of at least 5 years on the job
- Bachelor Degree or MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Advanced knowledge in the use of design tools related to discipline
- Medical or highly regulated product experience is a plus.
- Has an End-to-end overall view with respect to manufacturability, serviceability, cost price, …. Knowledge and understanding of other disciplines (software, mechanics) with which co-operation takes place.
- Experience using circuit simulation software, schematic capture software, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, emulators and other lab equipment. ORCAD, Spice, MultiSIM, and Eagle
- The candidate must have strong problem solving skills, be a good communicator, and work independently or as part of a team to achieve project and business objectives. abstract, analytical and creative thinker with helicopter view. You drive (out-of-the-box) solutions to complex problems.
- Familiarity with cardiology catheterization procedures, tools, and terminology is a plus
- Project Management training is a plus
In return, we offer you
We offer you the opportunity to grow within the organization and Philips – working cross functionally with R & D, on various projects and initiatives to drive our products to our customers and be a part of saving people's lives every day.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watch this video Experience Philips Volcano in Virtual Reality
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, and protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top