Job TitleAlgorithm/DSP Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to improve people's health and enabling better outcomes across the health continuum from healthy living and prevention, to diagnosis, treatment and home care. Philips leverages advanced technology and deep clinical and consumer insights to deliver integrated solutions.
You are responsible for
- Work with a team to develop creative and innovative medical device algorithms to improve patient care
- Participate in the development of embedded DSP software including requirements definition, mathematical modeling, design, implementation, testing, and documentation
- Create signal processing models to solve complex signal processing requirements
- Create design documents to define complex software systems and features
- Work with research, marketing, regulatory and end users to refine requirements
- Create and test products according to the specifications and software development process
- Create engineering documentations to comply with product development policies, practices and procedures
You are a part of a small collaborative team that contributes to the development of automatic external defibrillators (AEDs) and advanced resuscitation and critical care devices, working with groups throughout the world to innovate medical devices and ensure patient care.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS/MS/PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, EE, Biomedical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in software and mathematical models to design, develop and validate custom algorithms
- Working knowledge of MATLAB
- C programming skills
- Demonstrated ability to write code which runs efficiently on real-time hardware, while also complying with good programming practices
- Experience with a real-time operating systems
- Good understanding of, and interest in, development of software in a controlled regulated environment
- Working knowledge of embedded application development, test, and deploy application on custom hardware/devices
- Experience developing DSP software in C for an embedded real-time biometric application, from hardware data acquisition through streaming data delivery to an analysis algorithm
- Ability to interface with medical professionals and leaders in the field
- 3-6 years' experience
- Medical industry experiences preferred
- Experience with ECG analysis and algorithm development preferred
- Familiarity with analog ECG acquisition hardware preferred
In return, we offer you the chance to be part of a team that is impact the lives of people daily, while using your unique skills as part of a collaborative team.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top