Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Job TitleAdvanced Manufacturing Engineer
The position of Manufacturing Engineer provides operational support in their Manufacturing Area relating to the delivery of customer goods, within the vision outlined by the Operational Imperatives. This includes driving supporting activities in the areas of Safety, Quality & Compliance, On Time Delivery, and Product Cost. The Manufacturing Engineer provides daily technical support for shop Operators ensuring product integrity is achieved. The Manufacturing Engineer acts as a technical liaison for all supporting business functions, including EHS, Quality, Design Engineering, Advance Manufacturing Engineering, Tooling, Purchasing, and Production Control.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support for the manufacturing area in the execution of world class operational performance.
- Initiate, aid, and support all continuous improvement activities in the assigned area, including cycle reduction and lead time reduction projects.
- Lead and/or support Continuous Improvement Kaizen events.
- Responsible for area Technical Product Documents.
- Ensures there is an optimum production process including routings and supplies.
- Ensures adequate production tooling, equipment, and fixtures are available and in good operating condition.
- Work with project coordinators to ensure NPI programs are successfully integrated into the Manufacturing Area.
- Troubleshoot non-conformances and help resolve repetitive defects from occurring.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and an effective communicator.
- Possesses a strong working knowledge of manufacturing, including the underlying theories and concepts of manufacturing, quality and product engineering.
- Knowledgeable of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma processes.
- Broad understanding of business systems, organizational culture and behaviors.
- Working knowledge of environmental, health, safety and quality regulations.
- Experience in manufacturing industry and/or high technology environment required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar academic concentration.
- Green Belt Certified or practical application of Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma.
- Welding applications, including TIG/MIG for both aluminum and stainless per Pressure Vessel codes.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top