Job TitleAcoustic Engineer
We simplify healthcare by focusing on the people in the care cycle – patients and care providers. Through combining human insights and clinical expertise, we aim to improve patient outcomes while lowering the burden on the healthcare system. Philips delivers advanced solutions for both health professionals, to meet the needs of patients, and empowered consumers for affordable healthcare whether in hospital or at home.
We are looking for a talented new Acoustic Engineer to join our team! You will be responsible for the acoustic design of future generations of ultrasound transducer products and the interface to ultrasound imaging systems. Additional responsibilities include defining requirements and specifications, developing materials, developing manufacturing processes and developing test methods.
- 3 years of experience designing ultrasound transducers.
- Masters of Science degree required, PhD preferred, with a concentration in Acoustics.
- The ability to design and optimize acoustic transducers.
- Experience with transducer modeling, including KLM or finite element analysis.
- The ability to develop acoustic test methods.
- Experience developing materials and acoustic materials characterization.
- Experience in developing and testing electronics.
- Excellent statistics and analytical skills.
- A self-starter, highly motivated with good organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- The ability to interface with customers and be effective at managing vendors and suppliers.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top