Job TitleAccounting Controller
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Lead the accounting for a multi-billion dollar subsidiary of a healthcare technology company, collaborating across a broader finance & accounting team to ensure transparency, financial integrity and provide strong business decision-support.
You are responsible for
- Collaborating with business stakeholders (FP&A and the Business Partners) to effectively account for business events and to address accounting-related queries
- Preparing or reviewing complex account reconciliations, ensuring the integrity and transparency of the balances
- Collaborating with and guiding a captive off-shore accounting team responsible for transactional and rules-based accounting
- Leading and driving continuous improvement initiatives, managing the design and execution of accounting-related projects and process improvement initiatives
- The integrity of financial reporting and internal controls over reporting. Maintaining Sarbanes-Oxley ("SOX") documentation and requirements for assigned areas and assure risks are identified and controlled.
- Leading and supporting the external audit, ensuring the integrity and timeliness of deliverables to the auditor
- Collaborating with Technical Accounting to apply accounting policies and define accounting treatment
You are a part of
A global accounting team which is closely partnered with business leaders to support the North American operations of an established and successful healthcare technology company. You will report into the Director of Commercial Accounting and will collaborate with a diverse team in the United States and India.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- CPA Required
- 4+ Years of Public Accounting experience; hands-on understanding of PCAOB audit requirements
- Progressive accounting experience in a public company
- Internal controls expertise operating in a US public company (SOx environment)
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Tolerance of ambiguity and an ability to shape deliverables with minimum guidance
- Ability to present data in a comprehensive and articulate manner
- Hands-on approach with an attention to detail
- Strong planning and execution discipline
In return, we offer you
An excellent opportunity to make a transformational impact on the accounting operations of a large multi-national organization, strengthening your skills and growing your career in an exciting company and industry.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top