Windows Linux System Cloud Administrator
If you share our passion for all things technology and desire to deliver customer success on a daily basis, come join our team of highly skilled and entrepreneurial professionals! Developing cutting-edge Cloud solutions takes the collaboration of bright, innovative, and talented people, along with forward-thinking leadership. At Phase One we nurture an environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds come together to learn and drive change into the missions of the Federal Government.
Phase One is seeking a full time Windows/Linux System Cloud Engineer to support cloud infrastructure on location in Washington DC. The Windows/Linux System Engineer will build, construct and manage Cloud Development, Test and Production Cloud instances; network/system infrastructure; troubleshoot issues with regards to network/server outages; gather business/system requirements; and have strong oral and written communication skills. This is a highly visible role and requires a combination of hard technical skills and soft people to be successful.
- Responsible for day to day operations including installation, configuration, and maintenance of systems, software, and related cloud infrastructure.
- Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- Use ticketing system to assist customers with cloud server issues and status information.
- Troubleshoot Windows/Linux OS, networks, cloud, storage, application, and firewalls.
- Work closely with team members to resolve technical issues, as well as perform routine tasks such as monitoring, server management, user and group administration, software installation, imaging etc.
- Assist with the forecasting and managing of server technologies and growth, coordinate and manage client/server disaster recovery planning.
- Apply patch and security changes per policy and proactively monitor the environment for patch compliance.
- Participate in long- and short-range technology planning.
- Maintain documentation for configurations, operating procedures, and service records relating to cloud instances and software.
- Participates in change management processes to include patch compliance which also includes Information Assurance Validation Testing.
- Candidate should possess strong analytical and decision-making skills with the ability to participate in technical meetings
- Bachelor's Degree in IT or IS or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of hands on experience with Windows and/or Linux System Administration, preferably in an Enterprise environment, supporting large scale server deployments.
- Strong Windows or Linus knowledge, analytical problem solving skills, and
- Experience deploying and administering applications in a cloud environment is a plus.
- Active Directory Administration
- Server Builds
- Patch Management
- Backup / Recovery
- Scripting with PowerShell and/or Visual Basic Script
- Experience working with Continuous Integration/ Continuous Deployment technologies, including JIRA, Git, Jenkins, Chef, Confluence, Nexus, Sonar Cube, and Junit
Meet Some of Phase One's Employees
VP, Services Division
As the chief coordinator of Phase One’s Services Division, Jodi’s responsible for transforming the productivity of federal agencies with the most efficient and modern technologies and support.
Back to top