Phase One Consulting Group is seeking an Agile User Experience Analyst to assist in Product Owner engagement, backlog management, and acceptance criteria definition. The Agile User Experience Analyst will also serve as a knowledgeable resource in advising the (Scrum) Team on tools and techniques to improve the development, collection, analysis, and reporting of information while representing the needs and perspectives of the end user.
The UX Analyst possesses these personality traits necessary to succeed:
- Tenacity: Takes the initiative, actively, to solve problems themselves without help and with a high degree of success. The candidate is someone that will not wait for work to be assigned to them, rather will find and solve problems on their own and seeks out ways to make the client’s systems more efficient, more user-friendly, and more secure.
- Credibility: Should do their homework and know what they are talking about at all times. The candidate should seek out knowledge about the assigned systems’ end users actively and be able to read/understand documentation and historical knowledge bases to draw their own expert understanding of the systems in order to be a trusted advisor to the client.
- Consistency: The candidate is present at all meetings, is prepared for them and is active in them. The candidate is available during the client’s working hours on a consistent and reliable basis. The candidate responds to calls, instant messages, and electronic mails immediately and has a base instinct about perception management with regard to client interaction and with management.
- The UX Specialist will collaborate with project teams and members of the User Experience Competency Area to create effective, usable and engaging user experiences for our clients, and drives activities related to user testing, task analysis, usability analysis, user interface design.
- Ability to perform user-centered design activities that actively involve users throughout all phases of a project to ensure product usability, and who is equally comfortable in a leadership role, developing strategies and guiding others in the execution of these activities.
- Actively represents the end-user in meetings with management and internal stakeholders.
- Knowledge of cultural differences affecting multiple language sites in order to represent end users with diverse cultural preferences. *knowledge that translation by itself is often ineffective without knowing the audience itself.
- Knowledge of the use of Persuasion to drive adoption and completion.
- User research utilizing multiple methods including direct engagement, focus groups, surveys, tests and third party research discovery and analysis
- Interaction design and prototyping including: Breaking down large wizard applications into usable and intuitive pieces, bringing large paper forms into a usable and intuitive web workflow, placement and flow of forms and form elements to enhance user understanding and completion.
- Experience designing for web and/or mobile solutions
- Design/prototyping tools (for example Axure, iRise, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Fireworks, Visio)
- Collaborate in defining user experience strategies
- Determine business requirements and feature sets
- Create sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes
- Write and edit instructional/help copy and site content
- Quickly collect and decipher feedback for rapid iteration
- Develop vertically sliced user scenarios and user stories
- Perform 508 testing and validation
- Collaborate developers to ensure designs are fully realized
- Create or edit graphic or crop images as necessary
- Design for a variety of platforms including smartphones, tablets, and web browsers
- Develop User Personas that represent major end user roles and activities that can be utilized in User Story and requirements development
- Keep up with latest research, best practices and design trends for user interaction across devices
- Work with end users, client teams and stakeholders to discover and categorize user stories for the development teams
- Experience with Vertical Slicing and knowledge of the processes and procedures required to maintain focus on Vertical Slices
- Work with Scrum Master/Development Manager and the Scrum teams to size and split discovered user stories
- Engage with Product Owner to prioritize sized user stories
- Facilitate continuous improvement within the system
- Support assigned Scrum Team in developing test cases and test scripts (automated and manual), based on acceptance criteria, in support of test driven development
- Facilitate communication between Product Owner and the developers on the assigned Scrum Team
- Assist Scrum Master/Development Manager in facilitating sprint planning sessions, reviews, and retrospectives
- Build client trust and respect, establish client relationships, and develop rapport with client
- Human Factors International Certification – Certified Usability Analyst (CUA)
- Preference given for Human Factor International – Certified User Experience Analyst (CXA)
- At least 4 years in direct support of a large development effort
- Experience in Agile/Scrum and in supporting Agile efforts, preference given to Scrum Alliance Certified applicants and/or PMI-ACP applicants
- 4 years of professional experience in wire framing, usability testing, focus groups and end-user surveys.
- 2 years of experience writing user stories, vertically slicing features, using test suites, and maintaining Scrum backlogs. Knowledge that the ABA role does not solution features/stories/tasks but rather documents acceptance criteria for them.
- Excellent English language verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Experience conducting stakeholder interviews and facilitating stakeholder workshops
- Client friendliness with the ability to build and maintain trusting and value added client relationships
- Ability to work independently and in fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, with minimal supervision
- Experience with intergovernmental projects and communications is a plus
- Experience with automated 508 test suite creation and execution strongly preferred
- Experience with Rally and/or other ALM software preferred
- Must be able to obtain a U.S. Federal government client badge
- [OPTIONAL] Experience working with Salesforce
Since 1997, Phase One has supported leading private and public sector clients with their technical solution planning and implementation needs. As specialists in the use of technology to enable missions and businesses, Phase One has world-class capabilities in Agile Development, Infrastructure as a Service, and the use of modern Platform as a Service technologies to build solutions with mind-blowing speed and precision. Phase One also has a full lifecycle CyberSecurity offering, giving clients the strategy, implementation, and operations support to meet their critical security needs.
We hire people with talent from a spectrum of backgrounds. This spectrum of talents allows our teams to provide clients with unique and innovative solutions to meet the most complex challenges; whether they are related to people, processes, or technology.
Phase One Consulting Group is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, sex, gender expression or identity, or sexual orientation. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice and here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law supplemental notice.
Meet Some of Phase One's Employees
VP, Services Division
As the chief coordinator of Phase One’s Services Division, Jodi’s responsible for transforming the productivity of federal agencies with the most efficient and modern technologies and support.
Back to top