Systems Engineer - Azure Cloud
If you share our passion for all things technology and desire to deliver customer success on a daily basis, come join our team of highly skilled and entrepreneurial professionals! Developing cutting-edge Cloud solutions takes the collaboration of bright, innovative, and talented people, along with forward-thinking leadership. At Phase One we nurture an environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds come together to learn and drive change into the missions of the Federal Government.
Phase One is seeking a Systems Engineer to lead a technical team and apply developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. This is a highly visible role and requires a combination of hard technical skills and soft people to be successful.
· Work on problems of diverse complexity and scope.
· Ability to be a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process.
· Exercise independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution.
· Apply advanced technical knowledge to operate a variety of technology areas including, server administration, technical security management, and performance management
· Expertise in managing Operating Systems such as, Windows and Linux.
· Apply patch and security changes per policy and proactively monitor the environment for patch compliance.
· Ensure Configuration Management Database entries are complete and accurate.
· Provide expert level troubleshooting of Windows/Linux, networks, cloud, storage, application and firewalls. Quickly finding resolution and investigating root causes.
· Execute continuous service improvement and associated tasks in adherence with requirements, procedures and controls
· Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create superior solutions for the company and for customers.
· Mature the continuous service improvement process in alignment with ITIL best practices
· Participate in Post Resolution Review of critical problems and supports follow up of their activities
· Responsible for coordinating service improvements involving internal support groups and managing any roadblocks
· Act as service quality champion to build awareness across the enterprise while leveraging ITIL best practices
· Bachelor's Degree in IT or IS or equivalent work experience
· 7-10 years providing IT systems and enhancement services
· Broad computing experience focused on solving problems and resolving incident responses
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and client focus a must
· Experience working with cloud infrastructure environments, Microsoft Azure preferred
· Experience working with Continuous Integration/ Continuous Deployment technologies, including JIRA, Git, Jenkins, Chef, Confluence, Nexus, Sonar Cube, and Junit
· Experience with Active Directory and Group Policy Objects (GPOs)
· Experience deploying and operating infrastructure monitoring tools (SCOM, OMS, etc.)
Meet Some of Phase One's Employees
VP, Services Division
As the chief coordinator of Phase One’s Services Division, Jodi’s responsible for transforming the productivity of federal agencies with the most efficient and modern technologies and support.
Back to top