Phase One is seeking a Solutions Architect who will be responsible for providing expert advice on solution/application design, development, implementation and support of business solutions using various technologies including web, mobile, cloud, and open source. The candidate should possess a demonstrated breadth of knowledge across various enterprise solutions/ technology stacks and ability to provide guidance to diverse stakeholders and external vendors.
Role and Responsibilities
- Conduct architectural and engineering review of proposed IT investments/solutions to determine the strategic alignment and technical soundness.
- Provide technical recommendations to senior executives to assist the decisions on proposed IT investments/solutions.
- Offer expert advice on application solutions including assisting with planning and architectural design, development, and resolution of technical issues.
- Develop and improve guidelines and criteria for the review of proposed IT solutions.
- Support risk identification and mitigation process and provide issue management recommendations as required.
- Independently perform trade studies, analysis of alternatives, and brief results to senior executives.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience, and other Requirements
- 5+ years of application architecture design and/or product development experience.
- Lead project or development teams in application design and development of complex systems.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies, COTS analysis and selection.
- Experience with Web servers and tiered architectures, business intelligence, and cloud computing.
- Experience with IT security processes and requirements in the Federal government and security design considerations.
- Experience with Virtualized/cloud-based environments.
- Experience with Web 2.0 enhanced user interfaces.
- Experience with SQL database implementations including MySQL, SQL Server, or Oracle.
- Experience with SOA and Restful Web Services.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science or related disciplines and at least 5 years of relevant experience or equivalent education and professional experience
- USAID experience is a plus, including interacting with Mission staff
- Knowledge of Big Data /NoSQL database design and implementation is a plus, but not required
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
Meet Some of Phase One's Employees
VP, Services Division
As the chief coordinator of Phase One’s Services Division, Jodi’s responsible for transforming the productivity of federal agencies with the most efficient and modern technologies and support.
Back to top