Phase One is seeking a Solutions Architect who will be responsible for providing expert advice on solution/application design, development, implementation and support of business solutions using various technologies including web, mobile, cloud, and open source. The candidate should possess a demonstrated breadth of knowledge across various enterprise solutions/ technology stacks and ability to provide guidance to diverse stakeholders and external vendors.
Role and Responsibilities
- Conduct architectural and engineering review of proposed IT investments/solutions to determine the strategic alignment and technical soundness.
- Provide technical recommendations to senior executives to assist the decisions on proposed IT investments/solutions.
- Offer expert advice on application solutions including assisting with planning and architectural design, development, and resolution of technical issues.
- Develop and improve guidelines and criteria for the review of proposed IT solutions.
- Support risk identification and mitigation process and provide issue management recommendations as required.
- Independently perform trade studies, analysis of alternatives, and brief results to senior executives.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience, and other Requirements
- 5+ years of application architecture design and/or product development experience.
- Lead project or development teams in application design and development of complex systems.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies, COTS analysis and selection.
- Experience with Web servers and tiered architectures, business intelligence, and cloud computing.
- Experience with IT security processes and requirements in the Federal government and security design considerations.
- Experience with Virtualized/cloud-based environments.
- Experience with Web 2.0 enhanced user interfaces.
- Experience with SQL database implementations including MySQL, SQL Server, or Oracle.
- Experience with SOA and Restful Web Services.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science or related disciplines and at least 5 years of relevant experience or equivalent education and professional experience
- USAID experience is a plus, including interacting with Mission staff
- Knowledge of Big Data /NoSQL database design and implementation is a plus, but not required
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
Back to top