Phase One is seeking a SharePoint Developer for our client at the Department of Transportation working with the Pipelines and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA). This position will support PHMSA users and stakeholders through ongoing SharePoint maintenance, support and enhancement initiatives, respond to tickets, troubleshooting, system administration and development. The candidate must also deliver effective SharePoint training to users, be able to work closely with senior technical team members, learn from them, and operate in a well in a dynamic and matrixed team environment to provide quality support.
• As part of an operations and maintenance team, operate, maintain and develop multiple SharePoint 2010 environments, manage accounts, security permissions/structure, and provision services for user base
• Assist in drafting project plans for the design, development, testing, implementation end user support and training of selected custom and out-of-the-box SharePoint 2010 solutions
• Assist in implementing upgrades to SharePoint 2013 and Online
• Assist to evolve the SharePoint environment to increase business performance through the use of collaboration, providing transparency of information, automation, workflow, integration with other Microsoft tools, and other portal technologies
• Design and develop web parts, InfoPath forms, MS Office integration applications, workflows, page templates, branding customizations, FAST search scopes, and web services
• Configure and support Business Connectivity Services (BCS) for accessing backend data sources (external databases, Oracle WebCenter Portal, portlets, Salesforce, etc) from SharePoint
• Develop Reporting and Dashboard capabilities, standard look and feel/presentation
• Implement and maintain Content and Records Management principles and practices
• Effectively use the data view web part (DVWP), content query web part, data form web part, and custom web parts to display data within SharePoint from external systems
• Configure collaboration sites and forms authentication for staff access
• Manage user access controls and security permissions for SharePoint
• Assist with user acceptance testing and the preparation of user manuals and training for SharePoint applications
• Assist with web initiatives as needed
• Deliver effective SharePoint training to first time users, as well as stakeholders of new enhancements, at the desk and via remote sessions on Skype
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in software development, including relevant experience and specialized training or certification in SharePoint development (experience in SharePoint 2010 required, and 2013 and Online a plus)
• 3+ years' experience building and supporting all aspects of SharePoint including sites, site collections, master pages & templates, web parts, content types & policies, lists, libraries, workflows, forms authentication, and security groups
• 3+ years' experience with SharePoint Designer, MS Office Suite, Visual Studio, InfoPath, XML, web services, and Visio
• 3+ years' experience in the configuration and administration of SQL databases (including stored procedures, functions, triggers, tables, views and indexes)
• Experience with Active Directory, PowerShell and scripting languages
• Knowledge of SharePoint Best Practices
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Strong verbal and written communication, including demonstrated experience in delivery of SharePoint training (one-on-one and classroom)
• Demonstrated analytical ability and problem-solving skills
• Organized, ability to meet deadlines, work independently, manage multiple priorities
• Microsoft SharePoint Certification desired
• Candidates must be able to work on-site at client sites located in Washington, D.C. or Alexandria, VA, and must be able to obtain a U.S. Federal government client badge and may be required to pass a government background investigation
• Microsoft Internet Information Services
• Microsoft SQL Server
• Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
• Microsoft SharePoint Online
• Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
Since 1997, Phase One has supported leading private and public sector clients with their technical solution planning and implementation needs. As specialists in the use of technology to enable missions and businesses, Phase One has world-class capabilities in Agile Development, Infrastructure as a Service, and the use of modern Platform-as-a-Service technologies to build solutions with mind-blowing speed and precision. Phase One also has a full lifecycle CyberSecurity offering, giving clients the strategy, implementation, and operations support to meet their critical security needs.
We hire people with talent from a spectrum of backgrounds. This spectrum of talents allows our teams to provide clients with unique and innovative solutions to meet the most complex challenges; whether they are related to people, processes, or technology.
Phase One Consulting Group is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, sex, gender expression or identity, or sexual orientation.
Meet Some of Phase One's Employees
VP, Services Division
As the chief coordinator of Phase One’s Services Division, Jodi’s responsible for transforming the productivity of federal agencies with the most efficient and modern technologies and support.
Back to top