Senior Program Manager
Phase One is seeking an experienced Senior Program Manager to manage an IT Project Management portfolio contract with a large federal agency. The Senior Program Manager will manage all aspects of this contract including client delivery, subcontractor management, continuous quality monitoring, and oversight of a large number of continuous projects. S/he must be able to identify issues, propose innovative solutions and effectively communicate these concepts in both oral presentations and in writing. The Senior Program Manager will be responsible for the delivery of projects and project related services across multiple, geographically separated offices and will interface with senior level clients and Phase One leadership.
- Manage all aspects of a large federal program including organization of client facing activities, management of complex tasks and oversight of contract with our government client
- Provide staff management and oversight to 100+ staff implementing technology and business solutions around the United States
- Serve as technical and/or functional focal point of contact with the client on contract PM activities
- Act as the client’s trusted advisor on technology design projects utilizing team resources to develop alternatives analyses, solutions architectures and operating models
- Ability to analyze large volumes of complex data to understand challenges, their impacts and develop program level responses that help the client achieve their target outcomes
- Manage project financial reports to articulate status to clients and corporate leadership
- Responsible for team composition, including hiring, personnel actions and administration
- Master’s Degree in Business, Engineering or a Management Science Program Management Professional Certification (PMP/PRINCE2/etc.)
- 10-15 years of experience in federal program management with at least 10 years of experience managing large scale federal IT projects
- At least 3 years of experience managing programs/complex projects with budgets that exceed $10 million, and at least 5 years of experience managing projects in excess of $5 million.
- 5-8 years of executive interface experience, including the development of trusted advisor relationships at the C-suite level
- Previous experience managing DHS contracts including knowledge of specific DHS program management and reporting requirements. Past FEMA experience preferred.
- Expertise in federal contracts, subcontractor management and federal reporting
- Leadership presence and deep senior leadership consulting skills which enable effective ongoing interactions with executives such as the CIO/CTO/CFO
- Ability to travel throughout the continental United States
- Candidates must be able to work on-site at client sites located in Washington, D.C. or Alexandria, VA, and must be able to obtain a U.S. Federal government client badge and may be required to pass a government background investigation
Back to top