Salesforce QA Analyst
The Phase One Team is seeking a Salesforce Agile Quality Assurance Analyst to contribute to the consistency and growth of the QA competency across the Team. From a client delivery perspective, the Agile Quality Assurance Engineer will assist in Product Owner engagement, acceptance criteria definition, and to lead the creation of an automated test suite. The Agile Quality Assurance Engineer will also serve as a knowledgeable resource in advising the (Scrum) Team on tools and techniques to improve test-driven development through the development, collection, analysis, and reporting of test scripts and test results.
The target Engineer possesses these personality traits necessary to succeed:
- Tenacity: Takes the initiative, actively, to solve problems themselves without help and with a high degree of success. The candidate is someone that will not wait for work to be assigned to them, rather will find and solve problems on their own and seeks out ways to make the client’s systems more efficient, more user-friendly, and more secure.
- Credibility: Should do their homework and know what they are talking about at all times. The candidate should seek out knowledge about the assigned systems actively and be able to read/understand documentation and historical knowledge bases to draw their own expert understanding of the systems in order to be a trusted advisor to the client.
- Consistency: The candidate is present at all meetings, is prepared for them and is active in them. The candidate is available during the client’s working hours on a consistent and reliable basis. The candidate responds to calls, instant messages, and electronic mails immediately and has a base instinct about perception management with regard to client interaction and with management.
- Support assigned Scrum Team in developing test cases and test scripts (automated and manual), based on acceptance criteria, in support of test driven development on a customer java applications leveraging Salesforce and Force.com custom applications
- Apply quality control/quality assurance management procedures, including implementing a program of reporting, tracking and analyzing key metrics, monitoring quality procedures and participating in software reviews and testing
- Evaluate, recommend, and use software engineering processes and methodologies
- Determine and apply the latest commercial products and procedures for identifying software errors and evaluating software quality and efficiency
- Interpret and apply Government regulations, manuals, and standards relating to quality assurance
- Maintain the level of quality throughout the software and system life cycle
- Develop and present software and system quality assurance plans
- Conduct formal and informal reviews at predetermined points throughout the development life cycle
- Facilitate internal and external awareness and knowledge of Scrum, Agile, and XP
- Build client trust and respect, establish client relationships, and develop rapport with client
- Facilitate continuous improvement within the system
- 5-7 years of diverse experience in a software quality assurance and testing role with at least 2 years in direct support of a large Scrum effort or recent degree in lieu of experience in Computer Science, ITS, and/or MIS (software) combined with knowledge and capability to create/author User Acceptance Test Scripts in a current automated testing software for Java Web Applications
- Fluent and experienced in Agile/Scrum and in supporting Agile efforts, preference given to Scrum Alliance Certified applicants and/or PMI-ACP applicants
- Strong scripting skills, especially working with Java, Ruby, Cucumber, Perl or the latest and greatest language of the day
- Ability to perform system-wide root cause analyses
- Experience with automated test suite creation and execution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Client friendliness with the ability to build and maintain trusting and value added client relationships
- Ability to work independently and in fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, with minimal supervision
- Experience with intergovernmental projects and communications is a plus
- Experience with Rally and/or other ALM software preferred
- Must be able to obtain a U.S. Federal government client badge
Since 1997, Phase One has supported leading private and public sector clients with their technical solution planning and implementation needs. As specialists in the use of technology to enable missions and businesses, Phase One has world-class capabilities in Agile Development, Infrastructure as a Service, and the use of modern Platform as a Service technologies to build solutions with mind-blowing speed and precision. Phase One also has a full lifecycle CyberSecurity offering, giving clients the strategy, implementation, and operations support to meet their critical security needs.
We hire people with talent from a spectrum of backgrounds. This spectrum of talents allows our teams to provide clients with unique and innovative solutions to meet the most complex challenges; whether they are related to people, processes, or technology.
Phase One Consulting Group is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, sex, gender expression or identity, or sexual orientation. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice and here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law supplemental notice.
Meet Some of Phase One's Employees
VP, Services Division
As the chief coordinator of Phase One’s Services Division, Jodi’s responsible for transforming the productivity of federal agencies with the most efficient and modern technologies and support.
Back to top