Phase One is seeking Salesforce Architects who are passionate, hands-on experts with the Salesforce Platform. You enjoy working closely with executives, program and product managers, and analysts to design and architect Salesforce solution implementations, including the appropriate Salesforce product and integrations. You will play various roles from prototyping to proposal technical support to implementation.
In a delivery capacity, you will ensure effective solution design to meet business requirements in a variety of industry contexts. You are currently certified and have hands-on experience of all aspects of Salesforce.com (SFDC) including design, configuration, customization and implementation of applications and 3rd party integrations. The Architect collaborates with internal and customer stakeholders and development teams to design and build solutions in SFDC that support processes for continuous improvement and for reuse in other engagements. The Architect has proven experience with Visualforce, APEX programming, Force.com APIs.
The Architect possesses these personality traits necessary to succeed:
- Tenacity: Takes the initiative, actively, to solve problems themselves without help and with a high degree of success. The candidate is someone that will not wait for work to be assigned to them, rather will find and solve problems on their own and seeks out ways to make the client’s systems more efficient, more user-friendly, and more secure.
- Credibility: Should do their homework and know what they are talking about at all times. The candidate should seek out knowledge about the assigned systems actively and be able to read/understand documentation and historical knowledge bases to draw their own expert understanding of the systems in order to be a trusted advisor to the client.
- Consistency: The candidate is present at all meetings, is prepared for them and is active in them. The candidate is available during the client’s working hours on a consistent and reliable basis. The candidate responds to calls, instant messages, and electronic mails immediately and has a base instinct about perception management with regard to client interaction and with management.
About the Role
- Extensive knowledge of Salesforce.com data structure and understanding of how to leverage the platform to meet complex process and reporting requirements
- Research, design, develop, demonstrate and test high quality functional and marketing prototypes and end-to-end solutions on the SFDC platform based on industry best practices as well as business needs
- Manage the process of implementing improvements and new functionality in SFDC application
- Communicate and collaborate with technical staff and executive and management stakeholders regarding status, technical issues and creative solutions
- Ability to train and support staff with configuration tasks such as field/page updates, workflows, automated approvals
- Handle numerous projects/priorities using proven project management methodologies and sound development practices to ensure the quality delivery of enterprise solutions
- Advise project teams and clients on best practices for security, privacy, license compliance and considerations, and governance of Salesforce.com data and applications
- Interface with business analysts and technical staff and be responsible for delivering complete work products
- Implement and deploy AppExchange products
- Research integration issues and work closely with team members on operations and development staff
- Research and maintain current certifications on salesforce.com technologies and communicate trends and future needs from a business and technical perspective
- Build client trust and respect, establish client relationships, and develop rapport with clients and potential clients
- Document best practices and implementation procedures
- Facilitate continuous improvement within the environment
- Provide in-house training to Phase One staff on Salesforce development, certifications and strategies
- 4+ years of industry experience as a Salesforce.com developer or architect
- Salesforce Administrator and Developer certifications (current) are required
- Salesforce Technical Architect certification is highly preferred
- Must have historical and proven knowledge and practical application of Visualforce, APEX programming, Force.com APIs, and Web Services
- Experience with database software, Platform as a Service solutions
- Unique combination of being business-minded and highly analytical while also having a strong and deep technical background in Salesforce.com
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and deliver results with aggressive timelines
- Able and willing to work independently and in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as excellent communication skills, verbal and written to both technical and non-technical audiences that are in a geographically dispersed environment (conference calls, Skype, face-to-face)
- Ability to speak and write English fluently, and can produce high quality technical documentation and analysis
- Take initiative to recommend process improvements and demonstrate creative thinking
- Demonstrate self motivation and the ability to grasp concepts quickly
- Demonstrate sharp, analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum specifically)
- Candidates must be able to work on-site at client sites located in Washington, D.C. or Alexandria, VA, and must be able to obtain a U.S. Federal government client badge and may be required to pass a government background investigation
Since 1997, Phase One has supported leading private and public sector clients with their technical solution planning and implementation needs. As specialists in the use of technology to enable missions and businesses, Phase One has world-class capabilities in Agile Development, Infrastructure as a Service, and the use of modern Platform as a Service technologies to build solutions with mind-blowing speed and precision. Phase One also has a full lifecycle CyberSecurity offering, giving clients the strategy, implementation, and operations support to meet their critical security needs.
We hire people with talent from a spectrum of backgrounds. This spectrum of talents allows our teams to provide clients with unique and innovative solutions to meet the most complex challenges; whether they are related to people, processes, or technology.
Phase One is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, sex, gender expression or identity, or sexual orientation.
Meet Some of Phase One's Employees
VP, Services Division
As the chief coordinator of Phase One’s Services Division, Jodi’s responsible for transforming the productivity of federal agencies with the most efficient and modern technologies and support.
Back to top