Phase One is seeking a Senior-level IT Project Manager/Business Analyst (IT PM) to support the planning and execution of a Federal agency’s Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) IT projects. The IT PM will provide federal Project Managers with program management, client coordination, and subject matter expertise. The IT PM will be involved in the full project life cycle, assisting in development of comprehensive project plans to include both long and short-range goals and milestones. IT PM will identify and coordinate with Federal and contract team resources, lead daily activities of the project team, and monitor and encourage completion of milestones within specific budgets and schedules, aligned with organizational goals and objectives.
- Develop and maintain contact with project sponsors, executive decision makers and other stakeholders
- Manage an iterative development solution implementation, engaging the team on product delivery releases
- Serve as technical and/or functional focal point of contact with the client on contract PM activities
- Work with business users to analyze business functions and systems and develop recommendations
- Define project scope, objectives and Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
- Ensure effective customer interaction and communications regarding program and task activities
- Monitor team performance, schedules, quality of all work and timely submission of contractual deliverables
- Develop and maintain project artifacts that are compliant with Federal agency standards, to include but not limited to schedules, estimates, resource plans, risk management and test plans, and status reports.
- Define, initiate and drive technical and operational projects in core OCIO programs
- Coordinate and prepare for project meetings throughout the development lifecycle
- Provide effective management of assigned resources, where applicable
- Participate with Federal governance teams
- Develop an effective communication plan and materials
- Review and provide guidance surrounding the development of the Department's IT Portfolio and coordinate activities with other project areas as required
- Interface with internal and external customers as well as top management throughout project
- Drive towards future phases of the project by working across the team to maximize delivery and with the client to foster full engagement
- Master’s Degree in Business, Engineering or Science with at least five (5) years of experience relevant to solution implementation consulting or Bachelor’s Degree and twelve (15) years relevant experience
- Demonstrated expertise managing a wide variety of technical and administrative projects, including directing technical staff, team members and contractors
- Exceptional oral and written communication, organizational, critical thinking and analysis, meeting facilitation, verbal and written communications, and interpersonal interactions skills are essential
- Experience in leading the implementation of CRM and platform-based solutions
- Expertise in documentation, presentation tools, and project management tools required
- Ability to enter a client environment and provide business process change recommendations after a detailed assessment of the requirements and the current state
- Build and maintain trusting and value-added client relationships
- Able to coordinate and facilitate stakeholder and subject matter expert interviews
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Master’s Degree in Business, Engineering or Science with five to seven (5 to 7) years of experience relevant to solution implementation consulting or fifteen (15) years related experience relevant to solution implementation consulting
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Certified Scrum Master
Since 1997, Phase One has supported leading private and public sector clients with their technical solution planning and implementation needs. As specialists in the use of technology to enable missions and businesses, Phase One has world-class capabilities in Agile Development, Infrastructure as a Service, and the use of modern Platform as a Service technologies to build solutions with mind-blowing speed and precision. Phase One also has a full lifecycle CyberSecurity offering, giving clients the strategy, implementation, and operations support to meet their critical security needs.
We hire people with talent from a spectrum of backgrounds. This spectrum of talents allows our teams to provide clients with unique and innovative solutions to meet the most complex challenges; whether they are related to people, processes, or technology.
Phase One Consulting Group is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, sex, gender expression or identity, or sexual orientation. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice and here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law supplemental notice.
Back to top