Phase One is seeking a Project Manager with agile experience to lead a web development and migration project for a Federal Government Agency. This person will operate as a product manager and a client owner for this project and interface with the web development team and Scrum Master. Very strong customer management skills are a must.
- Perform project planning and scoping activities to achieve client goals within the expected timelines
- Work in tandem with the development team Scrum Master to coordinate work across shared resources
- Take ownership of the client relationship and ensure scope is defined and documented, acceptance criteria are defined, and expectations are fully managed
- Perform task order management for this task including providing status reports, managing to a firm fixed price budget, and ensuring deliverables and due dates are met
- Proactively identify and mitigate program risks
- Over-communicate status, activities, and project risks to clients and escalate to Phase One leadership as appropriate
- Perform task management administrative activities including documenting meeting minutes, approvals, and requirement changes
- Guide the content analysis, visual enhancement, development, and content migration to achieve the goals of the Agency website redesign efforts
- Working closely with a business analyst, work with client teams and stakeholders to discover, document, and categorize user stories
- Engage with stakeholders to prioritize user stories and release planning
- Work with stakeholders and the Scrum team to help develop milestone schedules
- Lead demos for the client as needed
- Lead designers, business analysts, information architects, and content strategists to flesh out and document customer requirements and support ticket management in JIRA
- Ensure test cases are being developed by the Scrum team that are appropriate and complete
- Facilitate communication between client and the Scrum team
- Communicate stakeholder needs in sprint planning sessions, reviews, and retrospectives
- Help facilitate internal and external awareness and knowledge of Scrum methodology
- Build client trust and respect, establish client relationships, and develop rapport with client
- Responsible for obtaining a definition of done for web development projects that is within the scope of the task and budget constraints
- Obtain client approvals on scope, requirements, design, and development and document those decisions
- Ultimately responsible for ensuring the final deliverable meets client expectations and requirements
- At least 10 years of experience managing projects for Federal clients with the ability to demonstrate a track record of successful project delivery (cost, schedule, expectations)
- Experience managing web development projects, preferably utilizing Drupal or similar content management system
- Experience with client management including scoping and expectation setting is a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Client friendliness with the ability to build and maintain trusting and value added client relationships
- Comfortable achieving a consensus across a diverse group of stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and in fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, with minimal supervision
- Experience managing both T&M and FFP contract types
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence preferred
- CSM or PMP-ACM preferred
- Must be located in Washington, DC metro area and able to work on-site at client location in SE Washington DC
- Must be able to obtain a U.S. Federal government client badge and be able to pass a government background investigation
Since 1997, Phase One has supported leading private and public sector clients with their technical solution planning and implementation needs. As specialists in the use of technology to enable missions and businesses, Phase One has world-class capabilities in Agile Development, Infrastructure as a Service, and the use of modern Platform as a Service technologies to build solutions with mind-blowing speed and precision. Phase One also has a full lifecycle CyberSecurity offering, giving clients the strategy, implementation, and operations support to meet their critical security needs.
We hire people with talent from a spectrum of backgrounds. This spectrum of talents allows our teams to provide clients with unique and innovative solutions to meet the most complex challenges; whether they are related to people, processes, or technology.
Phase One Consulting Group is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, sex, gender expression or identity, or sexual orientation. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice and here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law supplemental notice.
Meet Some of Phase One's Employees
VP, Services Division
As the chief coordinator of Phase One’s Services Division, Jodi’s responsible for transforming the productivity of federal agencies with the most efficient and modern technologies and support.
Back to top