Program Manager, Solutions Delivery
Phase One is a leading IT implementation company solving some of the federal government’s most pressing problems through platform-as-a-service solutions, primarily Salesforce.com. At any given moment, we have IT implementation engagements ranging from a few months to multiple years operating across dozens of client accounts. These engagements utilize the Agile Development Methodology. Each of these engagements has a Project Manager that is responsible for project delivery. Phase One is seeking a Program Manager for Solution Delivery who will directly oversee each of these Project Managers to ensure that our projects our well-managed, meet client expectations, and are operating within planned schedule, cost, and technical performance parameters.
This is a great opportunity for a person with strong technical and project management capabilities that derives satisfaction in ensuring outstanding project implementation while also thriving in an environment that affords them input into virtually every technical project the company undertakes.
The Program Manager for Solution Delivery will become familiar with our IT projects, including the client environment, project schedules and deliverables, staffing, challenges and risks, and financial performance. The Program Manager for Solution Delivery will work closely with each Project Manager to ensure that each project performs in accordance with our commitments and at the highest quality standards. She/he will proactively help to identify risks and put into place risk prevention / mitigation procedures for the projects. She/he will also take a corporate perspective across all our IT implementation projects to identify common lessons learned, best practices, strengths and weakness trends, and opportunities to improve overall delivery, particularly to support the company’s ability to scale.
Because all our projects utilize the Agile Methodology, the ideal candidate needs to demonstrate in-depth Agile knowledge and experience.
- Oversees the implementation of IT implementation projects across client accounts
- Ensures projects are managed within agreed upon cost/profit, schedule, and technical parameters. Ensures implementation of effective delivery quality control measures across all accounts
- Ensures that Project Managers have the methodologies, tools, techniques, knowledge, and abilities to successfully manager their projects
- Anticipates project risks and works with Project Managers to prevent or mitigate the risks
- Identifies opportunities for improving project delivery, supports the development of delivery methodologies, tools, and techniques
- Develops corporate capabilities to improve overall IT project management capability and delivery and support the company’s ability to scale
- Ensures client value is being delivered by understanding client needs, team skills, and cost implications
- Fosters and promotes innovative thinking across projects
- Works with back office teams (e.g., contracts, recruiting, finance and HR) to ensure effectively and timely actions are taken on a variety of internal and external requirements
- Mentors team, helping them to develop skills and capabilities in support of their professional growth
- 10+ years of IT project management / management consulting experience with background in the areas of IT Engineering, Project Management, and/or Program Management Office support including Solutions Delivery as it relates to PaaS (specifically, Salesforce.com)
- Demonstrated Agile development expertise
- Demonstrated Program Management experience overseeing multiple IT projects concurrently. Established track record of delivering successful IT projects within cost, schedule, and technical requirements as well as overseeing and helping other to successfully deliver IT projects.
- Demonstrated ability to put into place and ensure compliance with IT project lifecycle methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to recognize when a project is not performing well and to quickly implement successful corrective actions
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse set of Project Managers at varying levels of expertise and experience and to help them all to continue to build their IT project management knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Provide superior group/team facilitation skills
- Possess strong oral and written communication, presentation skills, project management, and mentoring skills
- Must be able to work at client sites in Washington D.C. or Alexandria VA
- Must be able to obtain a Federal government client badge and may be required to pass a background investigation
- Preference for an advanced degree, Masters in Business Administration, or related technical degree a plus (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
Meet Some of Phase One's Employees
VP, Services Division
As the chief coordinator of Phase One’s Services Division, Jodi’s responsible for transforming the productivity of federal agencies with the most efficient and modern technologies and support.
Back to top