IT Project Manager
Phase One is seeking experience IT project managers to assist a client in implementing mission centric technologies. The Project manager will be responsible for managing the full project lifecycle including the baselining of scope, cost and schedule elements, development of the project management plan as well as management of risks, issues and changes proposed to the project. The project manager will report status weekly to the Program Manager, identify variances on a weekly basis and propose solutions to place the project back on track.
- Define project scope, objectives and Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
- Ensure effective customer interaction and communications regarding program and task activities
- Monitor team performance, schedules, quality of all work and ensure timely product implementation
- Coordinate and prepare for project meetings throughout the development lifecycle
- Clearly document and present findings including creation of diagrams and procedure documentation
- Provide effective management of assigned resources, including third-party contractors
- Effectively communicate project status, issues and risks
- Continuously track project schedule performance, identify variances weekly and develop recommendations to address significant schedule or cost variances
- Professionally interface with internal and external customers as well as top management throughout project
- Manage to the project’s baselines and perform ongoing analysis that determines the project’s status, underlying reasons for project variances, the impact of management decisions on schedule, cost and resource use.
- Promote effective project administration by holding weekly project status meetings, establishing a project cadence, managing integrated project team members and managing their interdependent action items.
- Promote the use and provide understanding of customer-selected project management tools such as MS project
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or a Management Science with at least seven years-experience managing complex technology projects in the private or public sector
- Program Management Professional Certification (PMP/PRINCE2/etc.)
- 8-10 years of experience managing a wide variety of technical and administrative projects, including directing technical staff, team members and contractors
- 5-8 years of experience managing federal IT projects with a minimum budget of $1 MM
- Exceptional oral and written communication, organizational, critical thinking and analysis, meeting facilitation, verbal and written communications, and interpersonal interactions skills are essential
- Expertise in documentation, presentation tools, and project management tools required
- Candidates must be able to work on-site at client sites located in Washington, D.C. or Alexandria, VA, and must be able to obtain a U.S. Federal government client badge and may be required to pass a government background investigation
Back to top