Financial Operations Analyst
Title: Financial Operations Analyst
Purpose Statement: The job of the Financial Operations Analyst is to directly support the Delivery organizations of Phase One. This position will work with Project/Program Managers, Account Owners and Division Leadership to meet contractual obligations across many projects/task orders. This includes project and division level budget and financial report development and forecasting/maintenance, pricing support, subcontract management, purchase order preparation/approval and maintenance, and monthly revenue recognition initiation and reconciliation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the preparation of financial reports including the monthly management reports
- Support Account-level financial management and forecasting and provide alerts to account owners when budget risks are identified
- Prepare monthly/quarterly revenue forecasts and assist in preparation of annual budget.
- Review customer contracts to ensure revenue recognized is in accordance with applicable US GAAP
- Interface with the ops teams to push for and ensure the timely execution of purchase orders, SOWs, amendments and change requests
- Assure that financial records and processes are in compliance with Company Policies
- Prepare backlog reports and other reports relating to metrics and operational targets
- Support the pricing on new deals. Work directly with Division VPs to ensure models and assumptions are relevant and up to date to current operations.
Goals and Objectives:
- Study in detail the performance of individual projects, understand and identify the issues with under-performing projects and suggest improvement methodologies
- Conduct in depth pricing analysis of legacy accounts and propose new price points and strategies to improve gross margin.
- Be a strong partner to operations assisting with all financial aspects of the projects.
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3 to 5 years of experience in the financial aspects of Project Control and business operations and management in the federal market space
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel
- Familiarity with professional services operations a plus
- Strong communication and organizational skills and be able to see issues through to resolution
- Self-motivated, has the ability to multi-task, and ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to improve operations and operational performance through analysis and implementation of improvements.
Immediate Supervisor: Chief Financial Officer
Since 1997, Phase One has supported leading private and public sector clients with their technical solution planning and implementation needs. As specialists in the use of technology to enable missions and businesses, Phase One has world-class capabilities in Agile Development, Infrastructure as a Service, and the use of modern Platform as a Service technologies to build solutions with mind-blowing speed and precision. Phase One also has a full lifecycle CyberSecurity offering, giving clients the strategy, implementation, and operations support to meet their critical security needs.
We hire people with talent from a spectrum of backgrounds. This spectrum of talents allows our teams to provide clients with unique and innovative solutions to meet the most complex challenges; whether they are related to people, processes, or technology.
Phase One Consulting Group is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, sex, gender expression or identity, or sexual orientation. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice and here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law supplemental notice.
Meet Some of Phase One's Employees
VP, Services Division
As the chief coordinator of Phase One’s Services Division, Jodi’s responsible for transforming the productivity of federal agencies with the most efficient and modern technologies and support.
Back to top