Phase One is seeking a Drupal Developer to support web-based content management systems for a leading Federal agency. The Developer will have broad experience in web application development, requirements and design. He or she will be comfortable working in an agile environment, budgeting and planning his or her time effectively, and achieving the results on time and with exceptional quality. The Developer will be responsible for working directly with analysts to elicit and document requirements and participate in web application maintenance and development activities with mission area stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be a full-stack developer but we'd also be interested in candidates with strong front end or back-end experience.
- Maintain and enhance existing Drupal content management systems
- Work with the program manager and web content analysts/requirements analysts to develop new Drupal content management systems and sites
- Work independently and with analysts/developers to meet required deadlines with exceptional quality
- Design new capabilities that integrate with existing systems
- Perform software code reviews
- Achieve compliance with coding, data and user interface standards (including Section 508 compliance)
- Perform software testing for code written by others
- Update and create user and system documentation
- 3+ years’ experience in building web applications and sites using Drupal
- Candidate must be able to pass a background check and obtain a U.S. Federal government client badge
- Candidate also must pass a technical screening
- Location is client site at Washington, D.C.
- Experience designing and developing web applications and sites
- Ability to configure Drupal and create custom Drupal modules using the core API
- Ability to integrate Drupal modules with external systems through standard web services
- Ability to use common Drupal modules such as Views and Panels and extend them through code
- Understanding of object-oriented architecture and design
- Experience with best practice release management methods and other key concepts (Agile, SDLC, ITIL, secure coding practices)
- Solid understanding of cross-browser issues and workarounds
- Experience developing custom themes for Drupal
- Experience with Drupal multi-site environments
- Knowledge and experience of DevOps
- Knowledge and experience of relational databases and SQL, preferably mySQL
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Experience in distributed, team-oriented, project environments
- Solid communication skills, time management, and critical thinking
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in dynamic environments
- Demonstrated ability to successfully complete client projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field
Since 1997, Phase One has supported leading private and public sector clients with their technical solution planning and implementation needs. As specialists in the use of technology to enable missions and businesses, Phase One has world-class capabilities in Agile Development, Infrastructure as a Service, and the use of modern Platform as a Service technologies to build solutions with mind-blowing speed and precision. Phase One also has a full lifecycle CyberSecurity offering, giving clients the strategy, implementation, and operations support to meet their critical security needs.
We hire people with talent from a spectrum of backgrounds. This spectrum of talents allows our teams to provide clients with unique and innovative solutions to meet the most complex challenges; whether they are related to people, processes, or technology.
Phase One Consulting Group is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, sex, gender expression or identity, or sexual orientation. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice and here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law supplemental notice.
Meet Some of Phase One's Employees
VP, Services Division
As the chief coordinator of Phase One’s Services Division, Jodi’s responsible for transforming the productivity of federal agencies with the most efficient and modern technologies and support.
Back to top