Business Development Account Executive -- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
Phase One is a full-service IT strategy and implementation company solving some of the federal government’s most pressing problems. We are seeking an Account Executive to lead our DHS business development efforts with a focus on driving IT modernization and mission systems transformation solutions leveraging platform-as-a-service solutions, primarily Salesforce.com.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of business development in the DHS market that is driven by active client engagement, the ability to listen attentively and discern client requirements, the ability to tailor solutions to those needs, and the ability to close the sales cycle resulting in new business for Phase One. This role is not about selling products; rather, it is about working with the Phase One team to shape solutions tailored to client problems and translating that into revenue for Phase One by executing a mature sales process.
Candidates must demonstrate:
- Energy, drive, enthusiasm, and initiative. This is a position for self-starters that are highly action-oriented
- Intellectual curiosity, the ability to easily grasp new products and solutions, and to bring the spirit of innovation to your customers
- Consultative selling. The ability to articulate the value proposition of solutions and the “art-of-the-possible” of digital transformation and IT modernization
- A proven track record of identifying and converting opportunities into sales
- Successful execution of each phase of the sales process from opportunity identification to closing the deal, including the appropriate engagement of our functional leaders, capture managers, and proposal team
- A highly collaborative working style across all internal teams and resources to ensure you bring the best solution to your clients
- The ability to develop new accounts or find untapped opportunities in your existing client base
- An understanding of major components within the DHS domain, including missions, priorities, issues, technologies, systems, decision factors, and competitive landscape
- Relationships with key decision-makers within the DHS domain. The demonstrated ability to open doors and get meetings with key decision makers.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior DHS business development and/or DHS executive experience and/or 8+ years’ experience in business development with a focus on IT solutions
- Demonstrated full lifecycle business development expertise
- Exceptional written/oral communication skills
- Proven understanding of Federal Procurement/Acquisition Process
- Proven understanding of Federal technology landscape
- Proven track record of Quota Attainment/Over achievement
- Ability to obtain government clearance
Meet Some of Phase One's Employees
VP, Services Division
As the chief coordinator of Phase One’s Services Division, Jodi’s responsible for transforming the productivity of federal agencies with the most efficient and modern technologies and support.
Back to top