Agile Business Analyst
The Phase One Team is seeking an Agile Business Analyst to assist in Product Owner engagement, backlog management, and acceptance criteria definition. The Agile Business Analyst will also serve as a knowledgeable resource in advising the (Scrum) Team on tools and techniques to improve the development, collection, analysis, and reporting of information. The project is focused on system-to-system web service interaction across multiple organizations.
The target Analyst possesses these personality traits necessary to succeed:
- Tenacity: Takes the initiative, actively, to solve problems themselves without help and with a high degree of success. The candidate is someone that will not wait for work to be assigned to them, rather will find and solve problems on their own and seeks out ways to make the client’s systems more efficient, more user-friendly, and more secure.
- Credibility: Should do their homework and know what they are talking about at all times. The candidate should seek out knowledge about the assigned systems actively and be able to read/understand documentation and historical knowledge bases to draw their own expert understanding of the systems in order to be a trusted advisor to the client.
- Consistency: The candidate is present at all meetings, is prepared for them and is active in them. The candidate is available during the client’s working hours on a consistent and reliable basis. The candidate responds to calls, instant messages, and electronic mails immediately and has a base instinct about perception management with regard to client interaction and with management.
- Develop and diagram business processes by working side by side with the customer and other analysts.
- Work with client teams and stakeholders to discover and categorize high-level user stories for the development teams including acceptance criteria
- Experience with Vertical Slicing and knowledge of the processes and procedures required to maintain focus on Vertical Slices
- Work with Scrum Master/Development Manager and the Scrum teams to size and split discovered user stories
- Engage with Product Owner to prioritize sized user stories
- Facilitate continuous improvement within the system
- Support assigned Scrum Team in developing test cases and test scripts (automated and manual), based on acceptance criteria, in support of test driven development
- Facilitate communication between Product Owner and the developers on the assigned Scrum Team
- Assist Scrum Master/Development Manager in facilitating sprint planning sessions, reviews, and retrospectives
- Facilitate internal and external awareness and knowledge of Scrum, Agile, and XP
- Build client trust and respect, establish client relationships, and develop rapport with client
- 3-5 years of prior functional experience as a business analyst on projects focused on software development and web services
- At least 2 years in direct support of a large Scrum effort for a software development project
- Experience in Agile/Scrum and in supporting Agile efforts, preference given to Scrum Alliance Certified applicants and/or PMI-ACP applicants
- 2 years of experience writing user stories, vertically slicing features, using test suites, and maintaining Scrum backlogs. Knowledge that the ABA role does not solution features/stories/tasks but rather documents acceptance criteria for them.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Experience conducting stakeholder interviews and facilitating stakeholder workshops
- Client friendliness with the ability to build and maintain trusting and value added client relationships
- Ability to work independently and in fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, with minimal supervision
- Experience with intergovernmental projects and communications is a plus
- Experience with automated test suite creation and execution strongly preferred
- Experience with Rally and/or other ALM software preferred
- Must be able to obtain a U.S. Federal government client badge
- Must be located in Washington, DC metro area
Meet Some of Phase One's Employees
VP, Services Division
As the chief coordinator of Phase One’s Services Division, Jodi’s responsible for transforming the productivity of federal agencies with the most efficient and modern technologies and support.
Back to top