As a software engineer, you design and develop in-house software tools to support various manufacturing processes. You assist colleagues to fine tune user requirements of local and global stakeholders. You translate user requirements into functional specifications and architect the appropriate microservices. You write server-side web applications (REST API, Sockets), event driven microservices and distributed task scheduling and execution systems. You write test code and perform code reviews. You work closely together with a development team and don't mind coaching junior team members.
The global supply site in Puurs Sint-Amands is Pfizer's biggest and most advanced production and packaging facility in the world. During Covid, the site increased its production capacity from approximately 400 million injectable doses to over a billion. The engineering department played a crucial role in this expansion and will continue to do so in the coming years (on December 2th 2022, Pfizer announced it would invest a further 1.2 billion euros into its site at Puurs). Using technology, innovation and sound project management practices, Engineering Puurs contributes to building the future of the site.
Technology impacts everything we do. Pfizer's digital and 'data first' strategy focuses on implementing impactful and innovative technology solutions. Ownership is an essential attitude of every colleague. We want to excel today while shaping tomorrow and act pro-actively. Courage, excellence, equity and joy are our core values. Teamwork is the cornerstone of our organization, while the well-being of our colleagues is a focus point. The next generation workplace initiative, aims to transform Pfizer Puurs to one of the most attractive, diverse and inclusive employers in the region.
- Bachelor/Master degree in computer science, IT or engineering
- 3 years related work experience (less might be considered depending on previous experience and educational background)
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Analytical mindset, pragmatic problem solver
- Proven track record of designing and developing Python applications
- Demonstrated experience with documenting functional specifications
- Experience with various Python web frameworks (FastAPI, Flask, etc.)
- Experience with distributed task queueing and scheduling (e.g. Celery, Airflow)
- Experience with writing test code (Pytest)
Nice To Have
- Experience with Threading, Multiprocessing and Asyncio library
- Experience with parallel computing frameworks (Spark, Dask)
- Profound understanding of message bus technologies (Rabbit MQ, Kafka), relational and non-relational databases (Postgres, MSSQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra) and caching systems (Redis)
- Basic notion of DevOps (Jenkins, Kubernetes), Docker Containers and version control (git, GitLab)
- Previously worked in the pharmaceutical or another strongly regulated industry
Work Location Assignment: Flexible
De Pfizer site in Puurs is één van de grootste productie- en verpakkingssites van Pfizer wereldwijd, gespecialiseerd in aseptische productie en verpakking. Jaarlijks worden in Puurs meer dan 400 miljoen doses injecteerbare vaccins en medicijnen geproduceerd. Deze zijn ter plaatse verpakt in ampullen, flacons, plastic flessen, spuiten en patronen voor pennen.
De medicijnen die in Puurs worden gemaakt, zijn bestemd voor patiënten in meer dan 170 landen wereldwijd. 30% van de productie uit Puurs is bestemd voor ontwikkelingslanden, in samenwerking met UNICEF, WHO, GAVI en ngo's.
Met het gebruik van twee windturbines, zonnepanelen en een warmtekrachtcentrale richten we ons op hernieuwbare energie.