Strategy & Business Development Associate
Personal Capital is a leading digital wealth management company, founded in 2009. We're on a mission to transform financial lives through technology and people, providing both insight-driven advice with free financial tools and personalized wealth management from 200+ registered financial advisors across the country. Personal Capital has raised $315 million in capital from accomplished financial and strategic investors (IVP, Venrock, Crosslink, Corsair, Blackrock, BBVA, USAA, IGM/Power) to disrupt the traditional $30 trillion U.S. wealth management market. Our free personal finance app is utilized by over two million users, helping them track over $650 Billion of their personal finances, all in one place. Our award-winning app paved the way for our advisory firm, which now manages over $12.5 Billion in personalized investment portfolios for American families. Personal Capital is headquartered in Redwood Shores with offices in San Francisco, Denver, Dallas, and Atlanta.
For more information on Personal Capital, please visit personalcapital.com.
The Strategy & Business Development team is responsible for evaluating and executing on high-priority strategic initiatives and partnerships within the company. In the past year, we've designed a new technology product in the 401k market and launched it in partnership with one of the top recordkeepers in the U.S., launched Personal Capital Cash – a high-yield account, and owned various strategic and competitive analysis for the company. We're involved from ideation to execution, and we've constructed our team to be small, agile, and high-impact.
We are looking for an associate who can operate with minimal direction and take ownership of the strategic work the team performs. This role will be responsible for helping with the evaluation of high-priority opportunities to scale Personal Capital's growth in line with its broader strategic goals. In addition to helping answer key strategic questions across the business, expect to be actively involved in working closely with the finance, product, marketing, sales, and data science teams.
Become part of our team and help shape the future of our company.
- Understand complex concepts across the business and evaluate potential high-impact projects such as new market expansion, new product launch, partnerships and changes to our core offer.
- Independently build financial models and identify key drivers that impact business cases, support partner negotiations and help set the company's top strategic priorities.
- Help build a strategic consensus within the executive team on which opportunities to prioritize and pursue, and help create supporting management level materials.
- Take the lead on analysis of industry trends and innovations, best practices, and competitive insights, becoming the go-to expert at Personal Capital for industry benchmarks and trends.
- Work closely with Finance, Product, Marketing, Sales, and Data Science teams and build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- 3+ years of professional experience in a highly analytical role (e.g., consulting, banking, corporate strategy, etc.).
- Strong financial modelling, plus quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with motivation to keep sharpening these skills.
- Able to take ownership of a project with a "can do" attitude.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Insatiable curiosity about the fintech space, the financial services competitive landscape, and ideas about how we can keep innovating.
- Able to communicate with colleagues of all levels, across departments, and with vendors and external partners.
Personal Capital is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Meet Some of Personal Capital's Employees
Amin D.VP of Advisory Service
Amin has been at Personal Capital for six years and has experienced incredible career growth in his time there. He leads a team that helps empower clients to make successful financial decisions.
Back to top