Sr. iOS Engineer
- Redwood City, CA
Grow your career with a growing organization
Whether they're helping people reach their long-term financial goals or providing personal wealth management strategies, every associate contributes to changing the lives of those we serve for the better. When it comes to job satisfaction, that's hard to beat. And from a personal satisfaction perspective, you'll enjoy the freedom to support causes that matter to you and experience a truly inclusive work environment. Your future starts now.
The Opportunity: You will have the opportunity to work on our award-winning apps, work with a team that will inspire you, and help create products that truly add value to our users. Personal Capital's mobile team is small and runs fast. Our team works with the latest in mobile technology so you're always working on something new. This is your chance to be a member of a team where you can see your work make a significant impact not only at Personal Capital but also on the financial lives of our users.
The Candidate: You need to understand aesthetics and how to convert code and design into a great user experience. You need to be a self-starter who can collaborate with multiple teams to develop features on time. You may not be a perfectionist but you are ready to iterate upon multiple concepts to find the best solution. You need to have a voice and use that voice to collaborate with the team on solutions and ideas for upcoming features. This is not an easy job, but you will be able to work on stimulating projects that will keep you growing technically while also providing our users a way to increase their financial knowledge through the apps created.
- Develop rich, interactive customer experiences for deployment on iOS devices.
- Utilize data visualizations to implement real-time financial information optimized for the mobile environment.
- Collaborate on the architecture, design, and development process for iOS applications.
- Deliver solid code backed up by UI automation and unit-tests.
- 5+ years of iOS professional experience.
- Successfully developed and deployed at least 1 native iOS application that showcases a rich, interactive user interface and utilizes client-server communication.
- Expert level experience developing iOS applications in Objective-C with Xcode.
- Ability to complete projects completely in code without the use of Storyboards or Interface Builder.
- Experience developing for multiple platforms and screen sizes.
Experience in any one or more of the following areas is a plus, but not required:
- iOS automation with XCTest
- The desire to grow professionally with a small, focused team in a fast-moving company.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
Please note that this role is being posted by Personal Capital, an Empower company. Personal Capital roles are cross-posted to the Empower web site and are also available at https://www.personalcapital.com/company/jobs. For more information about Personal Capital, please visit www.personalcapital.com
What we offer you
We offer an array of diverse and inclusive benefits regardless of where you are in your career. We believe that providing our employees with the means to lead healthy balanced lives results in the best possible work performance.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Retirement savings - 401(k) plan with generous company matching contributions (up to 5%), financial advisory services, potential company discretionary contribution, and a broad investment lineup
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Business-casual environment that includes the option to wear jeans
- Generous paid time off upon hire - including a paid time off program plus nine paid company holidays and three floating holidays each calendar year
- Paid volunteer time - 16 hours per calendar year
- Leave of absence programs - including paid parental leave, paid short- and long-term disability, and Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Business Resource Groups (BRGs) - internal networks that rally around common interest, experiences and identities such as race, ethnicity, gender, ability, military status and sexual orientation. BRGs play a vital role in educating and engaging our people and advancing our business priorities.
The salary range below describes the minimum to maximum base salary range for this position in the location listed. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation offered may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
Base Salary Range
CA Redwood City
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age (40 and over), race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, religion, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.
Back to top