Software Engineer In Test
- Belmont, CA
About Us: Personal Capital is a leading digital wealth management company, founded in 2009. We're on a mission to transform financial lives through technology and people, providing both insight-driven advice with free financial tools and personalized wealth management from 200+ registered financial advisors across the county. Personal Capital has raised $300+ million in capital from accomplished financial and strategic investors (IVP, Venrock, Crosslink, Corsair, Blackrock, BBVA, USAA, IGM/Power) to disrupt the traditional $30 trillion U.S. wealth management market. Our free personal finance app is utilized by over two million users, helping them track over $800 billion of their personal finances, all in one place. Our award-winning apps paved the way for our advisory firm, which now manages over $12 billion in personalized investment portfolios for American families. Personal Capital is headquartered in Redwood Shores with offices in San Francisco, Denver, Dallas, and Atlanta.
Candidate: We are seeking a highly motivated, independent engineer who can handle responsibilities that span all phases from requirements to deployment. We look for critical thinkers with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are seasoned in creating test cases on both web and mobile platforms from requirement documents, design reviews, feature demos, and from information gathered by working very closely with the development team.
- You take passion in performing functional testing, executing the test cases you have developed, updating the test cases once you have gone through the complete testing cycle, and in holding training session to educate your team members about the new features.
- You are a team player and offer help to your team members in running regression, functional testing, closing resolved bugs, or be a second pair of eyes in testing new features.
- You are tech savvy and go beyond manual testing. You are hands-on in testing either APIs or in running performance tests.
- You act as a spokesperson for quality through out the product development cycle. You take initiatives to improve overall QA process, identify gaps or inefficiencies in the workflows, and make suggestions to improve the process.
Minimum Skills and Experience
- A Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Solid understanding of QA fundamentals.
- 2 or more years of hands on iOS application testing experience
- 2 or more years of hands on Android application testing experience
- 2 or more years of hands on web application testing experience
- Proficient in developing test cases
- 2 or more years of hands on Jmeter experience or API testing experience using tools such Postman or similar type.
- Financial Services experience.
- Selenium Automation experience.
- Familiarity with Agile software development process and related tools
Personal Capital is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Back to top