Senior Test Engineer
- Belmont, CA
About Us: Personal Capital is a leading digital wealth management company, founded in 2009. We're on a mission to transform financial lives through technology and people, providing both insight-driven advice with free financial tools and personalized wealth management from 200+ registered financial advisors across the county. Personal Capital has raised $300+ million in capital from accomplished financial and strategic investors (IVP, Venrock, Crosslink, Corsair, Blackrock, BBVA, USAA, IGM/Power) to disrupt the traditional $30 trillion U.S. wealth management market. Our free personal finance app is utilized by over two million users, helping them track over $800 billion of their personal finances, all in one place. Our award-winning apps paved the way for our advisory firm, which now manages over $12 billion in personalized investment portfolios for American families. Personal Capital is headquartered in Redwood Shores with offices in San Francisco, Denver, Dallas, and Atlanta.
Candidate: We are seeking a highly motivated, independent engineer who can handle responsibilities that span all phases from requirements to deployment. We look for critical thinkers with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Develop quality strategy for the new features of our financial application
- Monitor and constantly refine the quality strategy
- Don't just find and report bugs. Instead, aim to understand why such bugs arose in the first place. Then find a solution to the root cause
- Analyze requirements for gaps and point out design flaws that can lead to bugs down the road
- Work closely with product managers and developers and assist them in story creation
- Validate features with more focus on the server side validation at the API level
- Using an existing API framework to write automated tests is the 'must have' requirement for this role
- Write test cases and setup review meetings to incorporate feedback from stakeholders.
- Validate the features in both web and mobile clients.
- Perform regression tests
- Identify usability challenges and suggest possible improvements.
Minimum Skills and Experience
- A Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum 4+ years of test engineering, SDET, or related experience
- Solid understanding of QA fundamentals
- Hands on experience with API testing tools and technologies such as Postman, SoapUI, JMeter, JSON, etc
- Strong understanding of RESTful Service
- Experience working with Microservices
- Financial Services experience.
- Familiarity with Agile software development process and related tools
- Masters of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Personal Capital is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Back to top