- Belmont, CA
About Us: Personal Capital is a leading digital wealth management company, founded in 2009. We're on a mission to transform financial lives through technology and people, providing both insight-driven advice with free financial tools and personalized wealth management from 200+ registered financial advisors across the county. Personal Capital has raised $300+ million in capital from accomplished financial and strategic investors (IVP, Venrock, Crosslink, Corsair, Blackrock, BBVA, USAA, IGM/Power) to disrupt the traditional $30 trillion U.S. wealth management market. Our free personal finance app is utilized by over two million users, helping them track over $800 billion of their personal finances, all in one place. Our award-winning apps paved the way for our advisory firm, which now manages over $12 billion in personalized investment portfolios for American families. Personal Capital is headquartered in Redwood Shores with offices in San Francisco, Denver, Dallas, and Atlanta.
Candidate: The Operations Engineer works closely with product managers and software engineers to build and deploy meaningful advice and communications to Personal Capital users and clients. Providing deep-dives into data for business decisions as relating to messaging and sales conversions is an integral part of this role.
- Implementation and maintenance of personalized user messages as specified by product and marketing managers.
- Defining best practices across product and engineering regarding segmentation and targeting of user messages.
- Ensure user messaging is appropriately constructed, meaningful, and high quality via automated, repeatable testing.
- Collaborate with product and marketing in the implementation of data dashboards, reports, and querying to support ongoing business decisions.
- Ensuring measurable deliverability, reach, and conversion metrics are reported accurately and timely via tracking systems and monitoring.
- Identify and propose engineering improvements for the communications platform.
Qualifications for success:
- 4+ years professional software engineering or business analysis experience
- Expertise in querying complex databases via SQL or Postgres
- Detail-oriented individual with a keen ability to think outside the box
- Experience with Tableau is a big plus
- Desire to grow professionally with a small, focused, development team in a fast-paced team.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree or higher, in Computer Science or related field
Personal Capital is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Back to top