- Denver, CO
About Personal Capital
Personal Capital is a leading digital wealth management company, founded in 2009. We're on a mission to transform financial lives through technology and people, providing both insight-driven advice with free financial tools and personalized wealth management from 200+ registered financial advisors across the county. Personal Capital has raised $315 million in capital from accomplished financial and strategic investors (IVP, Venrock, Crosslink, Corsair, Blackrock, BBVA, USAA, IGM/Power) to disrupt the traditional $30 trillion U.S. wealth management market. Our free personal finance app is utilized by over two million users, helping them track over $650 billion of their personal finances, all in one place. Our award-winning apps paved the way for our advisory firm, which now manages over $9 billion in personalized investment portfolios for American families. Personal Capital is headquartered in Redwood Shores with offices in San Francisco, Denver, Dallas, and Atlanta.
For more information on Personal Capital, please visit personalcapital.com.
The Role: This is a rare ground floor opportunity for an investment operations professional to contribute to Personal Capital's client service and operations department.
The Operations Associate works directly with Personal Capital's investment clients and Financial Advisors in a progressive thinking, technology-focused environment.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitation and oversight of the establishment and transfer of new client accounts using cutting-edge proprietary and third-party technology solutions.
- Handling of cash management functions including wire and ACH transfers.
- Work with the Investment Committee and Financial Advisors to ensure client portfolios are appropriately implemented.
- Liaise with our broker-dealer custodian on all client operational matters.
- Liaise with our portfolio management provider on all client operational matters.
- Interact with clients regarding account setup and operational matters through conventional communication methods as well as email, chat, and video conference.
- Assist in the development and documentation of operational processes.
The ideal candidate will execute on standards that redefine the existing industry landscape, pushing the limitations of conventional boundaries through integration of technology and creative thinking. They will embrace the ability to participate in an organization with a reputation for customer-centricity and long-term client relationships. The ideal candidate will be flexible, as their responsibilities could change as the model is further developed and refined.
Desired Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 2 years experience in financial services operations preferred.
- Experience with all areas of the client operations aspect of investment advisory. Examples: ACAT, IRA distributions
- Excellent operational, organizational and follow-up skills with the ability to manage and process complex operational work.
- Current knowledge of investment products and services.
- Compliance: Proven abilities to maintain appropriate policies & procedures for regulatory-driven requirements. Possesses a clean U4 record.
- Remote Delivery: Exposure to web-based investment service delivery. Comfortable executing a remote-delivery service model -- paperless, branchless, cloud-based infrastructure – and delivering a quality client experience that is better than face-to-face.
- Exceptional verbal, written and listening communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, team-oriented, and collaborative.
- Ability to work at the tactical and strategic level.
- Series 65 or equivalent preferred, but not required.
Location: Downtown Denver
Back to top