Vice President, Customer Success
Who We Are:
Persado is a pure-play AI company that’s changing the way Fortune 500 companies communicate with their customers by unlocking the power words and transforming the way ideas are born. Among others, we work with GAP, Dell, Verizon, Humana and 8 of the top 10 U.S. credit card companies, including JP Morgan Chase and American Express.
In an ecosystem that’s obsessed with personalization –the right offer, the right product, the right segment– we believe that the right message is the one core functional need for every company in the world, making the Choice of Words a multi-billion dollar blind spot for Silicon Valley.
We are the only company with the technology to claim that blind spot in the Enterprise Personalization stack.
What We are Looking For:
This position can be located in either NYC, Chicago, or San Francisco
The VP, Customer Success will be responsible for driving the expansion of the Persado Platform, across an existing base of clients, and a defined list of new target accounts. The framework for achieving growth will be based on:
- Identifying and qualifying organizations that would benefit (in a transparent and material way) from the implementation of Persado solutions
- Customizing strategy and process for scale within the Practice Leader’s area of expertise and focus
- Building a team of “junior partners” capable of adding velocity to the scale of Persado’s business
- Defining a clear value and financial impact for the use of Persado solutions within each of the identified organizations (current customers and new business within the retail industry)
- Leading the commercial implementation, execution, and scale of Persado solutions within the client
The VP, Customer Success will function as a general manager, optimizing the investment of practice resources to achieve the three key strategic goals of winning new business, expanding existing customer relationships and driving up overall customer success as measured by the financial impact of Persado’s solutions to a client’s business, essentially delivering an unparalleled return of the clients digital marketing investment.
What We Want You To Do:
- Assignment of resources to and pursuit of designated named accounts
- Exceed new bookings revenue targets
- Leading a team of resources to deliver the most comprehensive cross-channel solution available from Persado
The VP, Customer Success will be responsible for the day to day management of customer relationships including but not limited to:
- Act as “CEO of defined accounts” by directing the development of detailed account plans with command of all elements (authorizers/influencers across lines of business, client strategy, opportunities, defined customer success), and owning the execution of the plan
- Coach and guide a team
- Indirectly manage a virtual team of delivery personnel, data scientists, center of excellence leaders and other roles contributing to the success of the customer
- Deliver the target financial performance from the accounts (growth in bookings and revenue)
- Achieve high customer satisfaction (referenceability, advocacy, Net Promoter, etc.)
- Build and maintain key customer relationships, and develop and implement strategies for expanding Persado’s customer base
- Escalate client and service related issues to senior management
- Anticipate, communicate, and facilitate new client needs and/or product enhancements that will help both the client and Persado improve
- Be an evangelist for the Persado value to the market
What We Want To See:
- Strategic consulting firm experience is a requirement
- The candidates would be expected to have at least 5 years of senior (Director or above) line management experience leading teams of 5+ individuals
- 2+ years of experience directly managing digital marketing or CRM
- Successful account management (existing customers / “expand”) and/or sales (net new / “land”) experience in the technology landscape and to Fortune 500 companies. Can point to many successful customers managed and grown over an extended period of time.
- Experience in establishing and growing senior level relationships (CMO, CEO, SVP, etc.), being seen as a trusted advisor
- Has deep expertise in many verticals, Functional (Digital Marketing, Email Strategy, etc.) and/or strategic (Management Consulting) areas. An ideal candidate would have a mix of these. You could come from an industry position where you led Digital Marketing, a leadership role in an infrastructure player (e.g., ESP) or from a globally-respected consulting firm.
What We Offer:
Achieve your life goals and work goals at Persado.
- Competitive salary and equitable compensation - We’re committed to equal pay with regular market rate salary adjustments
- Generous Benefits Package globally
- Company Equity
- 401k to prepare for your future
- Paid holidays and flexible paid-time-off
- Annual company off-sites to keep our global offices feeling local
- Persado Cares! 2 paid Volunteer days per year and charitable giving matching
- Weekly meals and a fully-stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Structured onboarding Continuous Learning & Development tied to a personalized career path
- Diversity and inclusion initiatives
- All the gear you need to work smart
Back to top