Sr. Account Executive, Corporate Sales
Who We Are:
Persado is the pioneer and leader in Cognitive Content generation. Our artificial intelligence platform generates “smart content,” the precise words, phrases, emotions, and images brands use to engage customers, inspire action, and build lasting relationships. Using Persado, 200 of the world’s most revolutionary brands across multiple industries have seen a 49.5% average lift in conversions, a 68.4% improvement in click-through rates, and over $1 billion in incremental revenue.
The company is powered by brave and bright humans, comprised of mathematicians, statisticians, computational linguists, social psychologists, engineers, wordsmiths, artists, athletes, foodies, former marketers, and entrepreneurs. Founded 12/12/12, Persado is a Fortune Great Place to Work.
CNBC named Persado to its Disruptor 50 list in 2017, joining the ranks of Airbnb, Spotify, WeWork, and Elon Musk’s SpaceX. We’re a Forrester Breakout Vendor in Content Intelligence and a Gartner Cool Vendor in Data-Driven Marketing. With the latest funding round led by Goldman Sachs, Persado is embarking on its next phase of growth.
What We Are Looking For:
Persado is looking for a Sr Account Executive based Chicago, IL. In this exciting role you will be responsible for developing and closing a book of business with average deal sizes around $250,000 from a set of named accounts in the key vertical markets of Retail/eCommerce, Fashion Retail, Health & Fitness, Travel/Hospitality, and Financial Services. This is a green field opportunity and we currently have no natural competitors.
What We Want You To Do:
- Prospect and close New Annual Recurring Revenue (new + expansion)
- Work with medium to large -sized or fast-growing ecommerce businesses (between $500m-$2b)
- Work with high velocity of deals and new logos
- Build pipeline using an inbound/outbound model
- Manage pipeline and forecast accurately
- Qualify deals and get to decisions quickly
- Hold deals to a consistent sales cycle and process
- Build relationships with Senior Executives and line-of-business in accounts
- Educate customers on the changing digital marketing landscape and understands the business direction and goals of the accounts as a whole
- Collaborate with account managers to drive platform adoption and utilization
- Enthusiastically represent Persado’s technology and solutions.
What We Want To See:
- 2-5 years’ experience in Sales, Marketing and/or Business Development, ideally selling 12 month platform subscriptions in marketing or related technologies
- Strong phone and interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written) as well as organizational skills
- Hunter mentality
- Strong understanding of the digital marketing ecosystem
- Experience working with SalesForce.com or other CRM
- Ability to work in a rapidly expanding and changing environment
- Ability to predictably forecast and execute on business goals
- Salesmanship and effective communications
- Time management (ability to work alone and develop own daily/weekly agenda)
- Organized and structured thinking for planning and execution purposes
- Vision, positive attitude and ability to think outside of the box
- Analytically minded and able to engage with and utilize others to deliver targets
- Familiarity with email marketing services or Facebook advertising is a major bonus
Who You Are:
- Excited about working in a lean start up environment
- Desire to dive in and learn in a fast-paced organization
- Enthusiastic, professional and highly pro-active
- A self-starter with strict attention to detail
- Confident, self-motivated, hardworking, proactive and resourceful
- Thrives on finding efficient solutions to ambiguous problems
- Collaborative team player who can also work with minimal direction
- Analytical, numerate and scientifically-minded
- Great sense of humor and outlook on life
- Able to perform under pressure
- Tech-savvy and comfortable in a field that combines elements of multiple disciplines (technology, account management, marketing, etc.)
- Passionate in the way you convey solutions
What We Offer:
- By joining Persado, you will be part of a young, creative and dynamic company undergoing rapid growth and transformation into a global market leader.
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Meaningful equity compensation
- All the computer gear you need to improve your productivity
- Work-life flexibility - we value your contributions above all
- Working with a great team and having a huge impact!
Meet Some of Persado's Employees
NYC Office Manager
Omar ensures smooth operations for Persado employees and guests. He heads office inventory and maintenance initiatives and internal company events—all while marching to his own beat.
Back to top